Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
Site Team

Entry Door Lock

I have a question for any Redwood owners that have the entry door lock that is powered through a pair of contacts on the lower part of the door jamb. Does anyone know who is the manufacturer of the lock? Redwood apparently only used this style lock for a short while and then went to the Bauer lock or RV Lock suppliers.

Our coach was built in the July to September 2011 time frame and is a 2012 36RL model. We have never had any issues whatsoever with the lock. It has a key for the deadbolt and a wireless key fob. As indicated, the lock is powered through a pair of contacts on the door frame. I have looked for markings on the hardware and have not found any manufacturer name.

My reason for inquiring is that I unfortunately have lost one of the key/fob and would like to see if I can get a replacement. Our fobs have worked flawlessly and still even have the original batteries. So, I am hoping to learn who the manufacturer was and be able to get another fob.

Thanks for any help.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

We have the same lock as you and had to replace our entire lock. The paperwork that Redwood sent to me says it is from Lippert, of course. It specifically states to contact Southco for replacement fobs. 610-459-4000, fob #239006.

If the key or keypad is lost, the key code can be found on the latch plate, see Fig'4, by removing the 4 screws on the inside latch handle, see Fig. 3. Southco can be contacted directly for key or keyfob replacement -
Old 04-03-2015, 01:29 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
We have the same lock as you and had to replace our entire lock. The paperwork that Redwood sent to me says it is from Lippert, of course. It specifically states to contact Southco for replacement fobs. 610-459-4000, fob #239006.

If the key or keypad is lost, the key code can be found on the latch plate, see Fig'4, by removing the 4 screws on the inside latch handle, see Fig. 3. Southco can be contacted directly for key or keyfob replacement -

Thanks for the information. That helped me find the Lippert instructions. I disassembled the lock mechanism to find the key code label and wouldn't you know that the label had been mostly destroyed when the lock was assembled to the door.

Also, it was good that I looked into the lock because I found that 3 of the nuts had vibrated loose from the 3 screws that mounted the key fob receiver to its mounting plate.

Fortunately, when I asked my wife to get her set of keys so I could test the lock operation after re-assembly, I realized that she had my keys and fob that thought I had lost. Here my wife had both here keys/fob and her keys/fob in her purse. I recognized that the keys she gave me were showing a lot of wear since mine are generally the only keys/fob that we use.

Problem solved!!!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote