Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #1

Elevation - Thor

Cruisin' on Route 19 in New Port Richie, FL I passed a black/maroon painted Elevation toy hauler. Nice lookin' rig.

Question? If one purchases an Elevation are they able to discuss them on this Redwood forum? Elevation is on the Redwood web site and Redwood no longer manufactures the 39HH.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #2

outside is inviting, but inside is too 'utilitarian' for us....

like the extra room out back, but just not up to the fit and 'finish' of the redwood IMHO ...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #3

I don't see where it says you have to show your Redwood title to be on the forum. Besides, from what I can find, the elevation is a Redwood product.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
outside is inviting, but inside is too 'utilitarian' for us....

like the extra room out back, but just not up to the fit and 'finish' of the redwood IMHO ...
Your signature strongly states how proud you feel about your rig. As you should be.

Question is...........will you accept discussions of the elevation on this forum? Or, should Elevation just be discussed on the Thor forum? Again, it is on Redwood's website.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #5

I don't think any one person can answer that - you probably should ask the forum owner or check in the rules.

In the forum's previous life, it suddenly opened up to Elevation and Rushmore and all crossroads rigs, then just as quickly it disappeared. I don't know what happened or what the issues were.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I don't think any one person can answer that - you probably should ask the forum owner or check in the rules.

In the forum's previous life, it suddenly opened up to Elevation and Rushmore and all crossroads rigs, then just as quickly it disappeared. I don't know what happened or what the issues were.
The forum is made up of many people. I'm trying to get a consensus from as many as I can. You've just voiced your opinion. Thank you.

This is not about a Rule or an answer from an administrator. Again, thank you for your opinion.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The forum is made up of many people. I'm trying to get a consensus from as many as I can. You've just voiced your opinion. Thank you.

This is not about a Rule or an answer from an administrator. Again, thank you for your opinion.
I don't see where I gave any opinion, but take it how you want.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Your signature strongly states how proud you feel about your rig. As you should be.

Question is...........will you accept discussions of the elevation on this forum? Or, should Elevation just be discussed on the Thor forum? Again, it is on Redwood's website.
They are not just Thor, but Crossroads as well. That's what we own as well. I think we all should be under one tent. Some people like to bring their toys with them and can't do that in a Crossroad Redwood.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #9

Wow Dave - you seem to make snap judgements on a lot of people -
and, as with most snap judgements, yours of me is wrong ...
it's a discussion forum - discuss what you want

if others participate, fine, if they don't, fine...
it's probably because they have no interest or knowledge of the subject at hand if they don't and since this is post 9 or so on the thread - SOMEBODY discussed it ! Have fun...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #10

At the top of this page it says Redwood owners. As long as I have been reading this forum we have always compared our Redwood,s to other brands such as Montana, Design products and many others. Not too long ago we all owned other types of RV,s. This forum has survived with different views and comparisons from all. Most of all owning an RV requires that you be somewhat mechanically inclined and with the knowledge both coming and going on this forum you have a lot of support to help even if you don,t own a Redwood or own something else.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Wow Dave - you seem to make snap judgements on a lot of people -
and, as with most snap judgements, yours of me is wrong ...
it's a discussion forum - discuss what you want

if others participate, fine, if they don't, fine...
it's probably because they have no interest or knowledge of the subject at hand if they don't and since this is post 9 or so on the thread - SOMEBODY discussed it ! Have fun...
If I came across mean spirited..........it was not my intent. For that I apologize. Any discussion on this thread is appreciated.

No matter how we RV it fun.......
Old 12-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #12

The Redwood website has returned to only Redwoods, except for a link to Crossroads at the bottom of the page. The Elevations & reference to Carriage were removed shortly after the new 38's were introduced.

With respect to opening this forum to discussion of other brands, personally I prefer the current format, as the technical information provided is specific to our coach. If other brands were introduced would it bother me - yes somewhat, but I can always be selective in which posts to read.

Their are numerous forums out there for discussion of various RV's & the RV'ing lifestyle in general.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #13

OK here's my opinion on the subject:
This is a Redwood Forum not an Elevation or Crossroads forum. Yes Redwood's parent company is Thor same as Crossroads, Keystone, Heartlands, and others. On the side of our Redwood is says "Redwood in much smaller letters "by Thor"" not Redwood by Crossroads.
Redwoods are mfr's at their own plant, Thor in an effort to reduce overall expenses and allow increased production of Redwoods, moved the service aspect over to the Crossroads plant.
If you want to open the forum up to all others, why not just join the Thor Forum which is for all Thor products.
Having owned a Montana I am still a member of that forum, but as such cannot post pictures of or even mention that we now own a Redwood, per their forum we are "SOBs". That doesn't bother me, so I suppose the same could be done here. If you move from a Redwood to a MH, Elevation, or something you can remain a member, but limit discussion to general RV issues and not specific items as pertaining to your new unit.
Spend some time on RV Net or IRV2 forums and see all the brand bashing and bickering that goes on. There is good info there, but you have to read between the posts to get to it. Unlike here where we all own the same brand and since the one or two bashers are no longer with us, we have healthily conversations and discussions that help all involved in the forum.
My opinions and I'm sticking to them.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #14

These are all great opinions! Oriana has touched on something that I was not aware of. Elevation has been dropped from the Redwood site. I must say, that I did check on the Redwood site just before I had left for Florida (two weeks ago) and looked at Elevation, Redwood, & Rushmore. Like Oriana has stated Redwood is now by itself.

From my stand point of view, If it ain't on the site then it isn't part of the Redwood specific family.

Thanks all!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
This is a Redwood Forum not an Elevation or Crossroads forum. Yes Redwood's parent company is Thor same as Crossroads, Keystone, Heartlands, and others. On the side of our Redwood is says "Redwood in much smaller letters "by Thor"" not Redwood by Crossroads.
Redwoods are mfr's at their own plant, Thor in an effort to reduce overall expenses and allow increased production of Redwoods, moved the service aspect over to the Crossroads plant.
If you want to open the forum up to all others, why not just join the Thor Forum which is for all Thor products.
Having owned a Montana I am still a member of that forum, but as such cannot post pictures of or even mention that we now own a Redwood, per their forum we are "SOBs". That doesn't bother me, so I suppose the same could be done here. If you move from a Redwood to a MH, Elevation, or something you can remain a member, but limit discussion to general RV issues and not specific items as pertaining to your new unit.
Spend some time on RV Net or IRV2 forums and see all the brand bashing and bickering that goes on. There is good info there, but you have to read between the posts to get to it. Unlike here where we all own the same brand and since the one or two bashers are no longer with us, we have healthily conversations and discussions that help all involved in the forum.

Well said!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Pride comes before a fall. We are all but filthy rags. I was raised to be a peace maker. Why would Crossroads pay for all my maintenance if we are not theirs?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #17

The only thing that I have found on my Redwood that is maybe specifically Redwood, is maybe the cabinets, floor plan, etc. All the appliances, frame, axles, tires, leveling system, etc. are not specific to Redwood. Therefore, if somebody that owns an Elevation, has some information that will help me with a problem, I would be glad to listen to them. I still don't know where the Elevation fits in, dealers that I checked that are listing the 2014 Elevation are saying it is from Redwood. I have no problem with them being on the forum. I don't want to be stuck up like some M/H people I have run into.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #18

Do you guys remember the few short months or even weeks when Elevation and Rushmore jumped on the old Redwood forum? It got real confusing real fast. The Rushmore guys had issues that they thought were common to all, but nobody could figure out what they are talking about and there was a lot of false advice going back and forth because nobody really knew what the other had.

The Montana Forum dealt with the Montana line, and went from Montana High Country lightweights and Mountaineer, all the way to the discontinued Cambridge. It wasn't always clear you were talking to a Mountaineer guy when he said Montana, and after a whole thread telling him how to flush the black tank just to find out the Mountaineer didn't have a flush, it could pretty much diminish the credibility of the information sometimes.

Sure it was good to be diverse, but could get annoying.

Alumni is always a different issue - it was always nice to hear from the alumni providing they didn't rub in the wonderfulness of their new Prevost and Mazariti Spyder toad every chance they got.

In my opinion Dave - I have no opinion. It's all a work around. But I'm still not sure why Buddy called me a filthy rag ....... just kidding
Old 12-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #19

I think that was more aimed at me, since my post is quoted, but I still stand by my post. You get to the point of where do you draw the line, do you let Pop-up owner in, Conversion Vans, Prevost owners, where?? The title is "Redwood Owners Forum". If you were a member of a BMW or Jag forum would you want folks talking about their Chevette, Pinto, or etc.? As I mentioned, checkout some of the generic forums, even they have sections for different rigs: Pop-up, TT, 5ers, TH, MH, truck campers, etc. Granted many of the appliances are generic but there are those issue that are very specific to Redwoods and even to the different models, which is why you should have you TV & RV info in your signature so we know what you have as our answer could be different based on model and in some cases year.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 AM   #20

My 2 cents - One of the most valuable features of this forum for me is that I can give and get advice specific to Redwoods. I've tried iRv2 and Rv Net only to get frustrated with the fact that there were sooo many different setups. I like a forum where I don't have to spend extra time searching or typing as a result. It's all about efficiency and a close knit community - something other general forums lack.
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote