Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 02:06 AM   #1

Electric Black Tank Valve

Has anybody upgraded from the manufacturer's black tank t-handle valve with an electric system? Experiencing another glitch with my new RW. The valve will not close and on the road to Maine. Will be making a few day stop at the Westover FAMCAMP and will see about replacing.
RW3951WB19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #2

Several have found a hole plug or other construction material coming out of the tank and getting stuck in the blade of the valve making it impossible to close until the obstruction is cleared.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #3

I installed the Valterra E1003EP EZ Valve on the black water tank of my Redwood and love it. It has worked flawlessly for about a year now. So nice to just flip the button instead of fighting with the sticking valve.

I bought it from Amazon for about $175. It is fairly easy to install if you are a handy with tools.
petenorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #4

RV dealer will be looking (poor technician) to see if there is anything blocking. Dealer doesn't think so because I can reduce the drainage. Thinks is may be the cabling is not secure enough when pushing in the T-handle to close it all the way.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #5

Found a triple kit from Drain Master. Going to replace black and both gray tank T-handles. The kit includes two rocker style panels with 6 switches to have one in the RV access panel and one in the service bay.