Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #21

Dave,

I have got to agree with you. Thor needs to install ISO quality in all their plants. I know bottom line is important but adding up all the warranty charges would have to pay for ISO and Thor's reputation would get a huge boost.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #22

Buddy, Dave&Ginny,

Okay, okay, okay, you guys got me on that that one.

I own 2011 F-250 6.7dieseland '06 F5506.0 dieselFord trucks, 2008 Lincoln MKX, and a 2008 Chevrolet van (pre-government owned and pre-bankrupt GM).

I'm a Ford guy!!!!!

I used GM as possibly having the most brands under their umbrella. It was just a harmless analogy. sooo..........I thought.

Please forgive me.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by par
The dealer is treating me with great respect, no issue there. I just don't understand why, so far, it has taken 3 shots to try and get this right with Redwood... and no I did not change my order mid-stream.
What are you actually trying to order - custom or just offered options?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bic

Went to windish rv to pick up my 36FL yesterday. I was going thru checking ordered options from order list, noticed missing dishwasher, and had stove instead of the draws we ordered. They want windish to fix
their mistake. I dont like the idea od fixing these issues as an after thought.Â* What do you all think?
Good luck with windish. You'll need it.

Lillyputz
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #25

Just got our 36RL back from Windish after three weeks of repairs after our first big shakedown trip. No issues with them at all. Only reason it took three weeks was because one of the replacement parts took a while to get approved and shipped. Lillyputz, did you say your RW has been at Windish since Nov? Is it the one on 6th Ave in Denver? I have no complaints with that location. Have not used the one north of Denver.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaw13
Just got our 36RL back from Windish after three weeks of repairs after our first big shakedown trip. No issues with them at all. Only reason it took three weeks was because one of the replacement parts took a while to get approved and shipped. Lillyputz, did you say your RW has been at Windish since Nov? Is it the one on 6th Ave in Denver? I have no complaints with that location. Have not used the one north of Denver.
They don't do Redwood at the north location, just 6th Ave.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave

Buddy, Dave&Ginny,

Okay, okay, okay, you guys got me on that that one.

I own 2011 F-250 6.7dieseland '06 F5506.0 dieselFord trucks, 2008 Lincoln MKX, and a 2008 Chevrolet van (pre-government owned and pre-bankrupt GM).

I'm a Ford guy!!!!!

I used GM as possibly having the most brands under their umbrella. It was just a harmless analogy. sooo..........I thought.

Please forgive me.
Don't take it too seriously. We're all just fellow RVers on here with varying opinions. LIVE.....LOVE....LAUGH.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #28

I know Dave.

It gave me an opportunity to use the (black eye).

It's all good.

Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #29

We purchased our 36FL from Lazydays in Tampa, FL. We ordered our coach with a dishwasher and other options. When we went to pick it up the first thing we noticed was that there was no dishwasher in the coach!! Our Salesman was with us and my wife "politely" told him until the dishwasher was installed properly we would not accept the rig. We found some paint issues as well (one caused by Lazy days) so our coach stayed in the shop until the items were fixed. We then did our inspection and accepted the coach. BTW Lazydays ordered short cabinet doors from Redwood (shipped overnight from Redwood) and the fit and finish matched perfectly. Lazydays also installed some shelving for us in the bathroom closet and again fit and finish matched perfectly. All of our issues were fixed to our satisfaction by Lazydays prior to our acceptance. Bottom line, a dealership that cares about their customer will fix any problem and fix it to the customer's satisfaction.Additional comment, after some research with our salesman, we found that our coach was not really ordered as Lazydays had one coming in with everything we wanted and they substituted that for the one we ordered, that was why the dishwasher was not initially installed.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Additional comment, after some research with our salesman, we found that our coach was not really ordered as Lazydays had one coming in with everything we wanted and they substituted that for the one we ordered, that was why the dishwasher was not initially installed.
That probably should have been communicated to you first, and let you decide whether you wanted factory install or quicker delivery.

I had a few sleepless nights thinking ours would be a retrofitted inventory unit with the older features even though the model year was the same. As it turned out, many thanks to our Dealer, the manufacturer date was consistent with our date of order plus the bonus of a new model year.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #31

Atom Ant. shouldn't your awning material be black, with the colors of your unit. Also, what is wrong with the sales person ? They can't check and see if all the ordered option are install, before the customer does there walk through. No excuse.

LillyputzEdited by: lillyputz
Old 04-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Atom Ant. shouldn't your awning material be black, with the colors of your unit. Also, what is wrong with the sales person ? They can't check and see if all the ordered option are install, before the customer does there walk through. No excuse.

Lillyputz
Lillyputz, I guess I'm confused what you are asking - the awning leaders and covers are black, but the rest of the awning is white that graduates down to champagne at the bottom. I think all of them are white after the black leader aren't they?

Not sure where you were going with the salesman. I don't see an issue. Everything on mine came in as ordered.

Edited by: atom ant
Old 04-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #33

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Lilly What makes you think a salelsman can't check on one of his order units to find out if everything has been installed as ordered....do you think there is no communication at all at RW...Yes they can make mistakes but they do talk. We all know what a terrible time with your unit and if I knew how I'd tell RW to give you your money back and use your unit to show them what not to do......But a very few have had the problems you have had (lemon) so why do you have to knock everyone's rig.....It probably won't do any good but I'm going to send an e=mail to Tom Montague and ask him to give you back your money so we can stop all the negativism....Lemons do happen but everyone shouldn't have to hear it over and over again.....Sorry about your problem, but I will send the email and if you will send me yours I will include you in on the message and if their is anyone else on our forum that is interested.....You should send an email also to RW letting them know how you feel about your unit but also take care of Lilly and shut this negative crap down....RW step up and make yourselves known as a company that takes care of their customers....Damn let's get QC to a bettter standard.
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #34

X2
Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #35

X3

Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

LillyWhat makes you think a salelsman can't check on one of his order units to find out if everything has been installed as ordered....do you think there is no communication at all at RW...Yes they can make mistakes but they do talk.We all know what a terrible time with your unit and if I knew how I'd tell RW to give you your money back and use your unit to show themÂ* what not to do......But a very few have had the problems you have had (lemon) so why do you have to knock everyone's rig.....It probably won't do any good but I'm going to send an e=mail to Tom Montague and ask him to give you back your money so we can stop all the negativism....Lemons do happen but everyone shouldn't have to hear it over and over again.....Sorry about your problem, but I will send the email and if you will send me yours I will include you in on the message and if their is anyone else on our forum that is interested.....You should send an email also to RW letting them know how you feel about your unit but also take care of Lilly and shut this negative crap down....RW step up and make yourselves known as a company that takes care of their customers....Damn let's get QC to a bettter standard.
RollsRoyce,
I have to agree. But untill we have a satisfactory ending. This wheel will keep on squeaking.

Lillyputz
Old 04-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Quote:

LillyWhat makes you think a salelsman can't check on one of his order units to find out if everything has been installed as ordered....do you think there is no communication at all at RW...Yes they can make mistakes but they do talk.We all know what a terrible time with your unit and if I knew how I'd tell RW to give you your money back and use your unit to show themÂ* what not to do......But a very few have had the problems you have had (lemon) so why do you have to knock everyone's rig.....It probably won't do any good but I'm going to send an e=mail to Tom Montague and ask him to give you back your money so we can stop all the negativism....Lemons do happen but everyone shouldn't have to hear it over and over again.....Sorry about your problem, but I will send the email and if you will send me yours I will include you in on the message and if their is anyone else on our forum that is interested.....You should send an email also to RW letting them know how you feel about your unit but also take care of Lilly and shut this negative crap down....RW step up and make yourselves known as a company that takes care of their customers....Damn let's get QC to a bettter standard.
RollsRoyce,
I have to agree. But untill we have a satisfactory ending. This wheel will keep on squeaking.

Lillyputz
Unfortunately your negativism doesn't come across as a squeaky wheel, here or on the other forums. You can put your keyboard to better use.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #38
Dan

Maybe just maybe lillputz is at his wits end and maybe just maybe he needs this forum to step in and help in his defence of receiving a lemon. Maybe we could ALL email Tom!

RollsRoyce could you please provide the proper email address for Tom?

If we all work together we can resolve this AND put an END to it

Just my 2 cents

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #39

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Dan

Tom Montague e-mil is tmontague@redwoodrv.com and he says he always answers his emails...phone number is 574-226-3926 when I locate it I will post Leonard Nielson andr Ron Howard's contacts
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #40
Dan

Quote:
Dan

Tom Montague e-mil is tmontague@redwoodrv.com and he says he always answers his emails...phone number is 574-226-3926 when I locate it I will post Leonard Nielson andr Ron Howard's contacts

Thanks Rolls

I will send Tom an email about my concerns about lilly's situation

Mr Putz could you provide your proper name so that I could address your issue with Tom, thanks

This forum is here to help one another we can talk about or do it, I plan on doing it

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote