Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #21

I don't blame my dealer at all. I just think that they tried to push this tech too far too fast and he was not ready. I was lucky enough to meet one of the Regional GM's while I was there and it turned out that his x-wife and I had worked together many years ago. With that, he gave me his business card. He might not be happy with that now because I sent him and email with everyone copied of all of our issues and expectations. I sent that on Sunday night and Monday at 8:26AM, I started getting phone call on how they could help us resolve these issues.

1 - Don't have that tech do PDI's he is NOT ready! Probably didn't listen to that one.
2 - Pay to get the batteries attached correctly - DONE
3 - Send me the box of items that were ruined when the tech washed them in the dishwasher - DONE

RW paid to get the roof leaf to get repaired. Everything else can be done later.

My only concern now is that we had the same young tech install our surge protector. I sure hope he knew what he was doing with that and that it doesn't become a problem as well.

I am not the best person to ask to answer many questions as we are so new to this, but NO you should not have to have the coach plugged into power to operate the leveling system. Once the batteries were wired correctly, everything worked pretty good.

I would buy another 5er from my dealer. The salesman was wonderful and the price couldn't be beat. I would demand an experienced tech to do my PDI. And I would not acccept anything less. Next time, unless it is a while and we become very knowledgeable, I would hire someone to do the PDI with us.

Lessons well learned.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #22

On the electric side of the water heater, besides the switch on the camper control panel, check on the water heater itself. If you open the cover on the water heater many of them have an on off switch on the lower left hand side. It is one built into the water heater as a safety precaution. If you drain the water heater without it being shut off, you will burn out the electric element immediately. Even if you've shut off the switch inside, I would recommend shutting off this switch before draining also, just to make sure.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff
List the 1's U are pleased with the most.

Southern RV - Jonesboro GA... These guys did a great job all through the sales and delivery process.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #24

yes you seem to know a lot about the redwood 5th wheel. Do you have a walk in closet in your bedroom and does the walls inside get hot I have a floor safe and could see light coming in around it .. gonna insulate around it more .. thanks