Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Dealers and Service

I am in the process of doing my research on Redwood Dealers and Service. I live in New Mexico and based on their Dealer Locator there are NO dealers in New Mexico. The closest is over 300 miles away in Colorado. I know that Redwood has come out with the Cypress and Sequoia lines and are using NEW dealers to support these products. Does anyone know how to find these dealers? If you use the Redwood Dealer locator it shows that none exist any where in the US. I am sure this is a website problem (and the site has many) and they are going to fix this but very frustrating if you are trying to buy an RV and want to make sure you can get it serviced or even look at one.
Redwood 36FB (still looking for the right one)

wileysantafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #2

The site is definitely broken! No results when I use the Dealer's own zipcode

You might try calling Redwood - tell them their site is messed up and who will be the Dealers near Albuquerque.

Service is rough here in CO - 6 to 8 weeks wait time just to get a spot in the waiting line of the parking lot. However, I've have pretty good luck just getting parts through Windish RV in Lakewood, CO (by Denver). Closer to you is Tarpley in Durango CO, but I haven't dealt with them for years as far as service. I've heard good and bad about both places.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Lazydays RV in Tucson is a Redwood dealer who will be stocking Sequoia and Cypress. They had a Crossroads products show last week but the Sequoia and Cypress did not show up in time according to a friend who attended and met Jeff Muffelotta there.

http://www.lazydays.com/Home
Old 10-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Site Team

I would type a message out on the website. Someone had posted before that they had a similar question and they received a nice little note back from the President of the company.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #5

Will give it a try. Also now with Cypress and Sequoia part of the Redwood line I would assume that this forum would support them too? I still prefer the Redwood over the lesser lines but the Sequoia has some very nice floor plans that I actually like better then the current Redwood floor plans. Just not crazy about the exteriors. The Cypress and Sequoia look pretty bland from the outside.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #6

Ours is in for warranty work 200 miles away at an actual redwood deaier,I don't like the idea of taking it to a crossroads deal that that may not have even seen a rw. I know a lot of the stuff is the same but that's just me.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #7

I totally agree based on most Crossroad dealers do not service Redwoods. My though is if they are going to train these dealers if they start selling other Redwood products. I sent an email into Redwood seeing if they can explain their service plan now that they are adding new dealers and new Redwood lines.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #8

In my opinion if there are to many dealers people will bring them back for everything, that costs them money. Most people won't spend the money to take it a few hundred miles and have it sit there for 6 to 8 weeks or longer to have minor things done, we'll just fix it ourself and they know it.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #9

Not a great way to build your business. Actually the main reason we have not bought our unit yet is service. I just sent a lengthy message to the Redwood factory having them explain their service plans and how would they service a unit if we had an issue. If they do not have a way to service Redwoods in New Mexico (5th largest state in size) then most likely they will not get my business.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #10

To far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Snowbirds View Post
Lazydays RV in Tucson is a Redwood dealer who will be stocking Sequoia and Cypress. They had a Crossroads products show last week but the Sequoia and Cypress did not show up in time according to a friend who attended and met Jeff Muffelotta there.

http://www.lazydays.com/Home
Just Google Mapped it and it is almost an 8 hour drive one way. That is just too far for service. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #11

Personally I could never use that as a reason to buy or not. For our previous 5er, I drove PAST our local Dealer and traveled 400 miles to the western slope to buy and have serviced the same brand our local dealer sold. I just couldn't stand the local dealer.

With that - I take very few things back to the dealer for service. Warranty is short on these so I don't require a long term relationship with these guys - I do as much as I can myself as log as I can get parts.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #12

Well you might be right in that if I cannot get Redwood to find a service center in New Mexico and we still want the unit. I hope Redwood has a plan for if they want to grow their business, especially in the Residential RV market that they come up with a way to get these units serviced. Landmark (Heartland) seems to have dealers all over New Mexico but I just do not like their product and their dealers (mainly LaMesa) has a terrible reputation. One of the problem of living in New Mexico.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #13

The biggest issue with this industry is the dealers. Unlike the auto industry where the manufacturers control the dealers, the RV industry is just the opposite. The RV dealers rule the roost, it's not just Redwood, Crossroads or any other brand, the problem is universal.

The bottom line, not only do you need to look for a dealer who sells the brand you want, you also need to look for a dealer you like for service who sells the brand you want.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #14

I don't think you are going to find a better rv for the money. AA nailed it warranty in short and how often will you have problem when your home, most likely you'll be five states away. A lot of us bought our rw's in different states then we live in, I am one.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #15

I read in an article (Cypress and Sequoia announcement) from the General Manager of Redwood their plan is to put at least two Redwood Dealers in each of the fifty states. Just knowing that in the next couple of years I would have a state wide dealer would really help. I have asked Redwood to let me know what the plan is so I hope I hear soon.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #16
Dan

The dealership I purchased our unit from is over 800 miles away. We travel great distances each year (winter in AZ) so having a local dealership is not that much of an issue. One of the reasons I purchased a RW is that fact wherever I am in USA or Canada I know that when I call/email Redwood they are there providing excellent help, well that is what has happened so far. Very happy customer/owner

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #17
lwg

Wileysantafe,
Tarpley in Durango is definitely your closest. It's not a bad drive at all from Santa Fe. For the most part I don't think too many of us have dealers close by. Right now I'm in Phoenix so Lazydays is the closest and subsequently where I purchased. We currently fulltime and are thinking about moving to Grand Junction so Tarpley will be our closest. Definitely consider just using a Crossroads dealer for service, it's a valid option. At this point with ours I do most of the service on it and just have the manufacturers send me parts if there's failures.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #18

Considering the amount of time spent at the selling dealer for warranty work (now about 3.5-4 months in total), especially considering the 5 year BtoB warranty and requisite inspections required, at least on the unit I work on (2012), I think it's paramount to have a local dealer who can service what they sell, and professionally.

We're fortunate; there's one only an hour or so away and they're big and have been around for 40+ years. Most of the time, they can do a triage in a couple days and most of the waits have been for factory approvals on warranty stuff. Any items not covered by warranty or add-ons get processed and out within a week or two at most. I mean, the purpose of having a near six-figure trailer is to use it, eh? A good dealer is a part of that equation, even after the warranty period is up. There comes a point in life where one, even with the skills, doesn't want to have to work on everything all the time. It stops being fun at some point.

Like the deal right now, with the whole front under skin and front cap off, no way we could do that ourselves and feel good about it, not to mention any frame repairs we'd need to engineer. Pass.
camachinist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealers, new mexico, service