Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #1

Thinking on buying a cover for my FB36. Would use it no more than 2 months at a time in a climate found in VA, NC, SC.. Camping World has Adco covers but the question is to buy a Universal fit or a Custom fit or not one at all. The price difference is around $700.....ooch! I do have the full paint job.
Any suggestions would be helpfull.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #2

I was going with the expensive custom fit, but now I'm waivering because I'm afraid of the scuffing & abrasion on the black areas when they flap around during winter winds. Don't want the cure to be worse than the disease! Still on fence.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

I have a annual site in a campground locally and have seen many people uncover their RV'sin the Spring and almost die over the damage that their cover has caused due to wind beating it up,this Spring a "New Horizons" full paint job was almost ruined because of one, the owner said never again. I have also noticed manyRV's setting on dealer lots over the winter with a foot of snow on them and they are not covered. I wax mine and check it weekly to removeany debrison the roof and let it uncovered.
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

I live in central Ontqrio and yes we do get snow and wind, not covering ours because of chafing and mold and mildew damage. Covered the sail boat one winter and spent months getting the mold and mildew stopped. These things are built tough and snow is only thick rain. We don't run and cover up when it rains. Also it is easier to clean in the spring.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #5

http://store.generalrv.com/?category...f-0ee8182ad91f

We have a sale on covers about to launch the beginning of next week. Feel free to browse around our site or ask any questions you might have here. Good luck with your cover decisions everyone. Have a great Wednesday

General RV is offline   Reply With Quote