Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2019, 06:47 PM   #21

Crossroads payoff

Crossroads settled out of court but it took six months to get it done.
bvigneron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #22

Redwood Furniture

A great reason to go to the RW Rally in Shipshewana, IN is Lambright furniture, nearby in Topeka, IN (a couple miles from the campground). We replaced the 2 recliners with theater seating. Very comfortable and very good quality. Vernon, the owner is great and very helpful. Lambright Comfort Chairs, L.L.C.
(260) 768-4820. If we can make the Rally this year we'll replace the love seat.
BTW, we stuck the old recliners in our basement. The upholstery is peeling off now. No hairspray or anything else to cause the problem!
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #23

recliners

as an update i decided to call the maker of these recliners, sofas, chairs last week as the dining chairs make you feel like you are going through them while eating. and was told the springs may be the wrong ones but over the year NO WARRANTY. also mentioned the "peeling" was told the prob is they make the units but Redwood supplies the fabric. and is it thin. like paint thin.
these guys should play football. they love to pass the buck

Williamsburg Furniture (thumbs down)..
don't bother sending Melody (the warranty expert) an email as she doesn't answer them even when reception says they will make sure she does
warranty@wbfusa.com
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted 95 View Post
as an update i decided to call the maker of these recliners, sofas, chairs last week as the dining chairs make you feel like you are going through them while eating. and was told the springs may be the wrong ones but over the year NO WARRANTY. also mentioned the "peeling" was told the prob is they make the units but Redwood supplies the fabric. and is it thin. like paint thin.

don't bother sending Melody (the warranty expert) an email as she doesn't answer them even when reception says they will make sure she does
warranty@wbfusa.com
I also tried to buy a single folding chair from these guys, they were absolutely no help. I wound up buying a chair from Tiara RV that ordered one for me. My color was discontinued so I wound up swapping the seat back and bottom into the new frame. It was not a very good solution as they really don't match that well. The better solution would have been to replace both folding chairs with something else. DW was not going for that option.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #25

We had the same thing happen to our relining chairs and sofa hide a bed in 2014GK. We replaced in 2018 the recliners with Lazy boy recliners. Lazy boy makes a shorter Sofa recliner that fit in the area where the hide a bed sofa fit on end of trailer between slides.
Heinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted 95 View Post

warranty@wbfusa.com

I have to say, I had a dinette chair break (the back rest) and called these folks. I took delivery July of 2015, this was this past September ( 4 years of usage) .
I sent pictures, and emails to them and they responded after some time.

They sent me a new chair via UPS at no charge as GOOD FAITH..

I can only assume it was because it was NOT a recliner, or sofa....

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #27

Purchased new 2015 38GK, live in it full-time. There are 2 steps leading into the hallway to the bathroom/bedroom. The top step is falling apart at the back of the step, staples have pulled out and it has separated. We think a total rebuild will be necessary. Has anyone experienced this?
R38Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #28

Yep! My FB had no supports on the back edge of the step, just stapled. I had to take down the basement wall & add supports, not the best place for a guy my size to work in, but got'er done & been good & solid ever since.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #29

Had the same issue in our MB. No support on the back of the step. Did the same fix Danny did.

Rick
Old 01-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handgunner View Post
Same problem here with all of our front room furniture. We were told it was leather when we purchased new our 2014 Redwood. Called dealer no help, called Redwood no help. For the price of these units the material is thin and super cheap, what a shame and shame on Redwood for not standing behind their products. We only used the unit for camping in the summer for two years before the peeling started. BIG RIP OFF!!!!!
I have a 2012 FL36, everything is made cheap, I called the company, they dont give a ….about what we have, i had to change my two axles, too cheap, they were bending, 2 trips to Florida, I would need tires, brakes, bearing, really not normal. I put American axles, 8,000 , air suspension, the famous small acces door also a problem, wires coming loose, plumbing not clamped, ice machine the tubing is installed against the fridge heater, very good place to melt a plastic pipe.
tourbis 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:00 AM   #31

After being on the factory tour I actually emailed Crossroads and asked them if the leather maybe was plastic. It took a week but then they came back and called it leatherette. Sounds better but it is still plastic.

Synthetic is normally more durable and if you spill easier to take care of. Reasonable answer from Crossroads.

Count on that the "leather" will last at least 5 years, that what it was for us and we are full timers.

We bought two Stressless, used on Craigslist, $400 bucks including footstools and they are perfect.

Next move will be to get rid of the couch. As I read it is important to measure to make sure you get it through the door. Like the idea of a couch that has a removable back.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote