Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #1

Thumbs down Contacting Redwood on issue but no response back

How long does it normally take redwood to get back to a customer on an issue. It's been three days now and still no answer back from them???
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #2

We talked to them the day we called. Did you talk to a real person or leave a message?
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Traveling

I have always had good response from RW, not that I have called them a LOT, but they came through great for us. I would call back, especially if you called over the weekend and got put into a giant VM log.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #4

I called on a Monday and spoke to terry and he informed me that he had to call dealership to find out details and would call me back that day. Called yesterday and terry was on break but no call back. Called again today and still I can't get a hold of terry. Other customer service personal I spoke with want the entire story and problems said all over again and once they finally track my file down they say terry is the one working on this but still no answer I getting kinda frantic here. Brand new trailer and haven't been able to use it yet
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
How long does it normally take redwood to get back to a customer on an issue. It's been three days now and still no answer back from them???
Call everyday and document the time and who you talked to and what was said. Also follow up with an e-mail if you don't get a return call. The next person in the chain of command would be Rick Drinkwine who is the Customer Service Manager. E-mail him at rdrinkwine@crossroadsrv.com. If no satisfaction from that point call the number on the Redwood website and ask for the Redwood General Manager, Jim Lazzarino. Jim is a get things done kind of guy. I think sometimes the techs get their hands tied and can't get the approvals they need immediately to satisfy all your issues. Redwood will get it done!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #6

Quote:
I called on a Monday and spoke to terry and he informed me that he had to call dealership to find out details and would call me back that day. Called yesterday and terry was on break but no call back. Called again today and still I can't get a hold of terry. Other customer service personal I spoke with want the entire story and problems said all over again and once they finally track my file down they say terry is the one working on this but still no answer I getting kinda frantic here. Brand new trailer and haven't been able to use it yet
You are dealing with the same thing I did. Mark Quinn(finally let go) told me, every time I called, that he would get back with me, but never a call back. Almost 2 months went by, with no help.
JerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
You are dealing with the same thing I did. Mark Quinn(finally let go) told me, every time I called, that he would get back with me, but never a call back. Almost 2 months went by, with no help.
I agree. Mark never seemed to be as competent as some of the others. If Lynn Duggins is still there, he seemed to get things done.

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:04 AM   #8

I can tell you that when I had issues, the tech was really trying to resolve them but he couldn't get an answer from his supervisor to get me an appointment with the service center. After almost 3 weeks I went to the top and boy did things happen quickly. Be persistent!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #9

Thank to all for everything I heard so far. I am down to the wire on getting this resolved by first of August If the trailer can't be even resolved by then our 2nd huge vacation will be cancelled as well and that will set me back a grand at that place since I booked it last year already. But thank you all for everything so far. I will start going up the chain of command to see if I can be heard there
Old 07-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #10

Can't help with alternate contact, but from my experience with Terry don't hold your breath waiting on him to return your call, he may be trying to get your problems resolved, but you will never know cause he never answers his phone nor returns calls.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #11

That I have noticed and encountered first hand. So basically don't hold my breath and just go up the chain of command. With it being 4 of July week isn't redwood shutting down for 2 weeks. Or is that the factory part of it
Old 07-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #12

Your dealer may have an easier time getting through to them. I've had to contact them several times, and always have received prompt responses.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #13
lwg

I was working with Terry as well with a grease in brakes issue. He did eventually help me get everything resolved but his response time was pretty slow. Not sure if it's him or just the process now...
Old 07-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #14

Our 36RL is over two years old. About 14 months after purchase we discovered grease leaking into the brakes. Redwood responded but it took a while. They worked through a local RV dealer to replace the faulty parts and get us back on the road. I have found that working directly with the Crossroads Service Center via email is effective. It also gives you a written record of your conversations with dates etc. I'm sure they are slammed so email communication gives them a reminder that your problem is still pending.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #15

well should I keep my fingers crossed. spoke to Jim lazzarino and he wanted me to send him an email with all issues on trailer and he was going to forward that to the CEO of ExploreUSA to get this resolved ASAP. should I hold my breath or count my losses.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #16

I got some property for you in south florida

You are in Texas, correct ? near DFW ?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #17

I used to live in DFW area but I'm about 4 hours south of there now
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #18

Quote:
well should I keep my fingers crossed. spoke to Jim lazzarino and he wanted me to send him an email with all issues on trailer and he was going to forward that to the CEO of ExploreUSA to get this resolved ASAP. should I hold my breath or count my losses.
I think if Jim told you he would get involved, I'll bet things will happen or Redwood will get it done!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:

If Jim is getting involved, I would bet that your issues will get resolved.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:12 AM   #20

We contacted Redwood today because the blind in the front window of our 36 RL was broke on one side when we stopped at the half way point to Niagara Falls. They told us it just snapped on....wrong the L bracket that holds the blind to the blind frame is broke. We cannot put the blind back up and the night blind was completely off and the side was bent. This is the first day of our trip.....I hope we can find someone to fix it while we are here, but I won't hold my breath. If anyone can tell me how you fixed a similar situation I would appreciate it.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote