Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #21

as an interim step for your vacation,
run into a home depot or the like and get a temporary shade --- they are made of paper and can be cut to size and at least give you some privacy...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #22

Shade broke off on one side

We have it tied up there with a nylon cord. not quite sure who we are going contact when we get back from our trip. Our Redwood dealer is 3 hours each way from where we live. They have however been good to us so far. We bought our Redwood from Tiara RV in Elkhart.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #23

Call Tiara tell them what you need let them get it ordered then they can send you the parts
gocubs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Call everyday and document the time and who you talked to and what was said. Also follow up with an e-mail if you don't get a return call. The next person in the chain of command would be Rick Drinkwine who is the Customer Service Manager. E-mail him at rdrinkwine@crossroadsrv.com. If no satisfaction from that point call the number on the Redwood website and ask for the Redwood General Manager, Jim Lazzarino. Jim is a get things done kind of guy. I think sometimes the techs get their hands tied and can't get the approvals they need immediately to satisfy all your issues. Redwood will get it done!

Apparently Mr. Drinkwine is no longer with them.
JerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #25

I didn't have any luck contacting drinkwine but I did have success with Jim Lazzorino He has so far stood on my side on working out all the kinks with my trailer. I know some of my issues are easy fixes but Jim wanted a list of every thing I can notice to be fixed in the short time I had in a trailer that wouldn't cool down under 95 degrees. So when I dropped my trailer off at exploder USA I think it came down to 41 items on my punch list some pretty serious and a time frame to have it done by August 6 which is the time I need it by for our trip So if you need your messege heard Jim honestly sat back and heard mine and honestly has been making the calls to make this happen
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
Apparently Mr. Drinkwine is no longer with them.
Jim is the one that got my issues resolved. Because of his intervention, My 31SL was picked up from me and taken to the Crossroads Service center. From that point on their service was exemplary! I had tried for several days to get in touch with Mr. Drinkwine via telephone and e-mail and never got a reply. When I talked to Mr. Lazzarino he was not happy that I had not received a reply. He then told me that I would hear from someone before the day was out. Approximately 15 minutes later I received a call from Mr. Drinkwine. That is why I said Jim Lazzarino is a "get things done" kind of guy!.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Jim is the one that got my issues resolved. Because of his intervention, My 31SL was picked up from me and taken to the Crossroads Service center. From that point on their service was exemplary! I had tried for several days to get in touch with Mr. Drinkwine via telephone and e-mail and never got a reply. When I talked to Mr. Lazzarino he was not happy that I had not received a reply. He then told me that I would hear from someone before the day was out. Approximately 15 minutes later I received a call from Mr. Drinkwine. That is why I said Jim Lazzarino is a "get things done" kind of guy!.
Hopefully, by some people leaving the company, this is the first steps in QC going to a higher level. Fingers crossed. My unit is in the production process, with an offline date in late August.
JerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #28

I have to put my faith in Jim and breathe a little bit. This was probably one of the oddest times I have ever had when I dropped my trailer off at the dealership The salesman shook my hand and said he can't talk and walked out of the office. Paperwork on what needed to be done to the 5er was already done for me and asked what else needed to be done and once that was done thru had me sign off on it unhooked it from my truck and pulled it in the shop inside bay immediately But on the sheet they had my date for pick up which was August 6 and there completion date of August 24. I wrote next to that not to approve of date and spoke to service mgr Craig and expressed my date had to be no later than August 6 with PDI including. Showed him the email with Jim's notes confirming this and he went to the back and got on the workers ass to start working now on the unit. So I gotta say what ever was done or said with Jim's help it was not the same place I was at last time. If any body wants to see my issue list to be completed I don't mind showing it. But for now I got to give Jim kuddos Let's hope exploder USA doesn't drop the ball
Old 07-18-2014, 03:03 AM   #29
Dan

from what I can see, give that what it is, several of the great service personnel moved up to "dealerships" and they were back filled with people who just seemed to be in way over their head and they were let go

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #30

What does it mean to be in "Dealerships"? That is where everyone I had contact with moved to.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
What does it mean to be in "Dealerships"? That is where everyone I had contact with moved to.
From what I was told, there is the consumer side of Customer Service that has tech dealing with you and me on our issues and then you have the Dealer side of Customer Service that the techs deal with the issues dealers are having or warranty issues.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #32

well that's clear as mud..so if they cant work with owners...then they would have a better chance working with a mech. or dealer.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
well that's clear as mud..so if they cant work with owners...then they would have a better chance working with a mech. or dealer.
I have to think that if I was in their shoes I would probably welcome the change from working with irate and rude purchasers to working with the dealers and their techs. I'm not saying that all of us are rude and irate but it only takes one to ruin your whole day. I would have to consider the move to be a step up for them.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #34

I totally agree with you on that
Old 07-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #35

Wonder if that is how some of the feedback gets back to the factory on some of the continuous problems?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Wonder if that is how some of the feedback gets back to the factory on some of the continuous problems?
It seems to me that if I was a tech and I continuously received calls about the same thing (Battery switch for example) I would want to contact someone to find out what is going on. I realize that the dealers do not always call about items because they just fix them but they have to get approval from Redwood I think to get paid.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #37

Rick you are correct I was a tech but not anymore when you get 50 calls a day and only about 5 are from great people the days get a little long and stress is great
one thing most retail customer do not know is most tech's would go out of their way to make you happy and to fix all problems but we have boss's to answer too and sometimes the stress there is worse than dealing with customer
gocubs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #38

Gocubs17,

So what your saying is even tho there are many fixes that can be done and that would take a little longer than most you upper management prevent that from happening. So basically get it done fast and if it can't be done quickly then put it on the back burner so that customer keeps calling back even more angry than before?
Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs17 View Post
Rick you are correct I was a tech but not anymore when you get 50 calls a day and only about 5 are from great people the days get a little long and stress is great
one thing most retail customer do not know is most tech's would go out of their way to make you happy and to fix all problems but we have boss's to answer too and sometimes the stress there is worse than dealing with customer
I understand. I could sense that at our selling dealer. He just got nervous about some stuff. But we all have bosses, and I suppose some of it needs controlled or a tech could get buried getting off task and then the whole operation suffers including those customers waiting in line.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #40

Quote:
From what I was told, there is the consumer side of Customer Service that has tech dealing with you and me on our issues and then you have the Dealer side of Customer Service that the techs deal with the issues dealers are having or warranty issues.

I liken that to a tier one and tier two type support....

hopefully the first tier can handle most of the issues
and then they are bumped up to tier 2 where the more experience exists...

Every try to call an auto company ?!?! I think the first call is to tier -3
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote