Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #41

Sorry for not replying but my computer crashed. Propane is $2.29 a gallon in Dripping Spring, TX.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:49 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Judith View Post
When the temp here is around freezing or just below, ( O* Celcius)we're using a 40lb about 2.5-3 days. If temps are around 5-10 celcius, it lasts about 4-5 days.
Mind you, we leave a bedroom window open and keep all our vent fans running to prevent moisture build up inside.
There is no use to leave windows open. These rigs aren't made of paper, and there isn't a lot of moisture build up. I've lived in these units for the last 12 years, winter and summer, and have had no moisture problems.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:25 AM   #43

Propane is now $2.09 in Dripping springs, TX so an empty 40 lb. tank costs $20.06 to fill.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #44

Well, here we are in the mountains, and I thought I would report back to the group. The temps have gone down into the high teens at night, so not too cold. We pulled the plastic pipe to the ice maker from under the sink and tried to get as much water out as possible. We opened the cabinet drawer next to the refrigerator and found more plastic pipe leading to the fridge. We keep that drawer open at night to get heat in there. I purchased a wireless thermometer and put it in the utility area below so I can monitor temperature in the water tank/piping area. So far the utility area has stayed in the 40s at night, so I have not needed the backup heater I have down there. I have not purchased skirting, but I have placed my plastic storage boxes around the perimeter to block wind under the rig. So far so good.
Mountain Nomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Nomads View Post
Well, here we are in the mountains, and I thought I would report back to the group. The temps have gone down into the high teens at night, so not too cold. We pulled the plastic pipe to the ice maker from under the sink and tried to get as much water out as possible. We opened the cabinet drawer next to the refrigerator and found more plastic pipe leading to the fridge. We keep that drawer open at night to get heat in there. I purchased a wireless thermometer and put it in the utility area below so I can monitor temperature in the water tank/piping area. So far the utility area has stayed in the 40s at night, so I have not needed the backup heater I have down there. I have not purchased skirting, but I have placed my plastic storage boxes around the perimeter to block wind under the rig. So far so good.
Glad to hear that things are working out for you.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #46

Make sure you block off all holes under the slides, leading to your underbelly. After my kitchen island water froze, I found the culprit. Where the slide rams go underneath the belly, there are some good sized holes that need blocked off, on both sides of the RV. Also, where the hydraulic lines go underneath the belly, under the slides, they also have some pretty good sized holes. I blocked off all holes under the kitchen slide, and the opposite side LR slide, and it wasn't long before my kitchen water came back on.

Tags
cold weather, freezing