Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 03:03 AM   #1

Closet flange improperly oriented

Recently changed my Thetford toilet for a new Dometic 320. When I removed the Thetford, I found the toilet closet flange had been installed by an apparent amateur. You should orient the closet flange so that the closet bolts are equi-distant from the wall, not at an angle. As you can see from the pic, the slots and places for the closet bolts are not correct (the shadow is at the front of the flange) Since it's glued to the PVC waste system, it couldn't be re-oriented, (unless I want to make this into an even larger project) so, I presume, the next guy in line at the RW manufacturing facility, saw this and decided to drill holes in the flange and jury-rigged a place to fit the closet-bolts where they should have been. Of course the closet-bolts spin, because the holes are holes and not meant for closet bolts, so I had to make some adjustments to hold the bolts in place. You can't make this stuff up. lol Bottom line, new Dometic installed and working!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a%Amt8iLSV20RwqHoXwACg.jpg (240.4 KB, 13 views)
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
Recently changed my Thetford toilet for a new Dometic 320. When I removed the Thetford, I found the toilet closet flange had been installed by an apparent amateur. You should orient the closet flange so that the closet bolts are equi-distant from the wall, not at an angle. As you can see from the pic, the slots and places for the closet bolts are not correct (the shadow is at the front of the flange) Since it's glued to the PVC waste system, it couldn't be re-oriented, (unless I want to make this into an even larger project) so, I presume, the next guy in line at the RW manufacturing facility, saw this and decided to drill holes in the flange and jury-rigged a place to fit the closet-bolts where they should have been. Of course the closet-bolts spin, because the holes are holes and not meant for closet bolts, so I had to make some adjustments to hold the bolts in place. You can't make this stuff up. lol Bottom line, new Dometic installed and working!
There is such a shortage of people to work at the rv factories that unfortunately the only requirements are that they can breathe & stand up on their own, not necessarily the sharpest pencils in the drawer.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #3

If you can fog a mirror, you are hired !!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote