Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #21
Traveling

WOW this. really helps THANK YOU! we will definitely be reporting on how ours does this winter. we really do not want to use skirting because that really takes away a lot of your mobility. If you are going to be stuck in one place for months at a time then there's no real point in having wheels under you! I do not like to think about how much space all of that skirting would take up in the Basement.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #22

I took the panel (wall) in my 38FL basement off that has the central vac motor on it and have a clear shot into the under part of my coach and all the duct work. There is also power right there behind the wall for the vac to plug into. I tapped that power and put an extra plug down by the floor in the kitchen, but that's another story.

Anyway, could be just cut a hole in the panel, install a bathroom ceiling or other wall fan to circulate the air. Add a radiant heater in the basement like Dave does and the air moving around might really be warm.

Could be a fun project I'd just make sure to have some good screens on the fan so small things don't crawl in during the warmer months.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #23
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaltman View Post
I took the panel (wall) in my 38FL basement off that has the central vac motor on it and have a clear shot into the under part of my coach and all the duct work. There is also power right there behind the wall for the vac to plug into. I tapped that power and put an extra plug down by the floor in the kitchen, but that's another story.

Anyway, could be just cut a hole in the panel, install a bathroom ceiling or other wall fan to circulate the air. Add a radiant heater in the basement like Dave does and the air moving around might really be warm.

Could be a fun project I'd just make sure to have some good screens on the fan so small things don't crawl in during the warmer months.
Why not just use the door to the water filter? Just leave it open.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #24

Could do that but the power plug is behind the other wall.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #25
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaltman View Post
Could do that but the power plug is behind the other wall.
True, but don't forget there's 110v in the convenience center as well.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #26

I do leave the water access door open... and those halogen lights will warm it up quite nicely
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #27

All,

I recently ran into this exact situation. With the electric fireplace/heater running and another 1500 watt electric heater running, I wanted to circulate the under belly air to heat tanks and piping for cold weather use so as not to use sooo much propane. I ended uo installing a dual pole switch in the control center. A normally open pole to tie 12v power directly to the furnace fan motor and a normally closed pole to tie original 12v control from the t-stat and control board in the furnace. Now If I turn the switch to what I have marked as "auto", it will work as designed by the manufacturer. This "locks out the constant 12v power wired in to the other side of the switch. When turned to what I have marked as "manual", it switched to the constant 12v power source and locks out the thermostat side as to not feed power back to the control board. In this configuration I can put the extra 1500 watt heater in front of the air intake inside the coach for the furnace and that warm air is pumped throughout. So far so good. Haven't had it in much lower than 25 deg, but it's working well so far.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote