Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #1

Changing out Couch

Wife wants a new couch, how do you get the old one out and the new one in?
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #2

Mine too! Same question!
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #3

Most have a removable back that makes it easier. I know it can be done, because we have a sleeper sofa made by England in ours
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190119_110118398.jpg (153.8 KB, 28 views)
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:39 AM   #4

If the new furniture cannot be carried in through the door and assembled inside you may have to Pull the Slide out. We had to do it this way. You can salvage the old furniture this way as well. Work it around another slide out maintenance issue if you can. This was the advice we received from our dealer. And while expensive, ($600 to pull Living Room (door side) slide, we are happy with the new furniture. Really lightened up the room.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #5

The back will come off of the couch and chairs. That is how we got ours out. We also looked for furniture with removable backs to be able to move in to the camper.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

We had ours custom made (cost about $750 and actually got matching fabric). It came in pieces and the delivery guy assembled in right in the living area then slid it back into it's space. We live in Peoria, AZ in the winter and this is where we had it made. Forgot to mention that it's a sleeper sofa...my son says it's very comfortable.
Irrigation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:28 AM   #7

Changing out couch

We just did this yesterday. For our 38BR 5th wheel, I simply turned it around and removed four nuts holding the back onto the base. Once back was removed, the base fit easily through the door. For our recliners, I had to release a slide on each side of the backrest, and then the backrest could be separated from the seat. Again, after the back was removed it was easy to fit through the door. Hope this helps.
Dublcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #8

Sofa removal

Our sofa had a set of bolts holding the back on. We removed and the sofa went out the door easily. We purchased an 80 inch sleeper sofa from RecPro and it came in two pieces and was easy to place and install in our 2012 36 RL
Deb.cugini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #9

What did you replace it with?

I have a loveseat that came with an air mattress. Bad design. Guests are very uncomfortable so I want to replace it with a more comfortable option but I can’t make a decision. Has anyone replaced the loveseat with a sleeper?
SMechel is offline   Reply With Quote