Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #1

Central vac system

Has anyone had an issue with the suction hose not making a good contact inside the central vac receiver assembly? What was the fix? Thanks.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
What is it doing or not doing
Old 07-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

The metal collar of the suction hose doesn't make a good contact with the springed contactors that are in the throat of the insert assembly. Therefore, you can't always get the vac to energize. Takes a lot of twisting and turning and forcing the hose harder into the assembly to make it turn on.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
The metal collar of the suction hose doesn't make a good contact with the springed contactors that are in the throat of the insert assembly. Therefore, you can't always get the vac to energize. Takes a lot of twisting and turning and forcing the hose harder into the assembly to make it turn on.
Is your hose connector bent at all which could cause it. I would pick up a new wall plate and try that. There is also a possibility that the electrical connection on the wall plate is loose. Mine was not connected when we first got the trailer.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Has anyone had an issue with the suction hose not making a good contact inside the central vac receiver assembly? What was the fix? Thanks.
Had a similar problem. My hose electrical connector was slightly out of round. Correcting the shape worked.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #6

I would like to say it's the wall plate going bad, but that is very rare. I wonder if the wires to the contacts on the wall plate are loose, and you are actually moving the plate enough to make connection. I would pull the plate to see. The interior pipe is flex, so you can pull it out a ways to check it, but none of the connections are cemented, they are just slip fit. If you accidentally pull it apart inside, its clear the basement and take down the wall time
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #7

2013 36fl
when we got it I could turn it on but no suction, went in to the compartment next to door where you replace filter removed panel maybe 10 screws or so (take note where screws go hard to find cause of the carpet, it is the panel where power plug is and yes you can see the entire system and reconnected hose and plugs took me about 20min to do, im sure if I would of taken it to services the would charge several dollars. im thinking bad contact first disconnect power to vacuum then carefully clean contacts if the problem persist open panel and investigate what's loose in there.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #8

Quote:
We bought a battery operated vacuum cleaner from Walmart with a Lithium ion battery, light and works great, no more beating my self up with that vacuum hose. lol
Old 09-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #9

We use a battery powered Dyson so much easier than hauling out the hose