Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 AM   #1

cable hookups

OK, anyone here with a 2019 of newer have an issue with the cable hookup in the wet bay?

I just started tracing the wires to label all jacks and so far I have the living room and basement satellites traced and labeled.

I placed the tracer on the cable input and didn't get anything back at the living room TV or the basement?? Now, it is late and I did not look into it yet, perhaps I am just missing something.. The satellite jacks on BOTH of those plates are fine...

My next move is to check the bedroom TV.... If thats good, I would think I have a splitter loose... If it does not work, head scratch?????
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:08 AM   #2

This might be too simple...is the booster off?
Nocapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #3

Thats was what I looked at first...

It MAY NOT be as bad as I first thought.... I double checked inline this morning and that confirmed my thoughts... I purchased the Klein Tools Coax Explorer 2, almost ALL the reviews are good, BUT.....

A lot if not most state that any splitter will cause a fault signal... SO . . . . . .

This weekend ( when I have time) I will disconnect the cable and cable box
from the house and run it to the Redwood..

I am thinking this may be the case, most of the Redwood cable run issues I have read were ALL with the Satellite, NOT cable
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #4

Yes. I have a 2019 and experienced cabling issues. Number 11 on my 29 item list of problems. The satellite connections for the living room/bedroom were switched. The park cable connection wasn't even connected on the back of the plate, nor was it connected to the plate behind the TV. Used a cable toner to fix what should have been properly installed during assembly.
RW3951WB19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #5

The attachment is a file from Redwood for my 2019 3901wb and should be same . Hope it helps.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New RW Sat Print.pdf (37.5 KB, 32 views)
tbegley4661@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #6

This has been/is an issue with every make model brand of rvon the market if you read other forums.
But as Piper Guy pointed out a few years back that there is a huge Amish group of folks assembling these things & what do they know about electricity or television.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #7

Yes I have the same problem. They are rg6 for the Sat but I used pro grade testing units and both cables are bad. The signal to noise ratio is way out of boundaries and what I'm guessing is that they were either zipped to tight or stapled in to secure them and it's damaged the insulation.

The cable company kept shutting off my service because the bad cables are introducing too much noise and messing up the community access point. At this point I moved all my cable equipment and internet gear into the storage bay and I will end up trying to rewire the cables.
Harrit is offline   Reply With Quote