Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #1

We get a fuzzy picture on the living room TV in our 36FLwhen hooked up to cable. The other TVsget a fine picture.If anyone has a cable diagram for the 36FL could you please email it to me at <a href="mailto:Tomblinn@gmail.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Tomblinn@gmail.com</A>

Thanks,

Neal
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #2

You probably have a loose connector. Mine were not even finger tight on my 38GK Start by checking the ones you can get to easily. Take the cover loose and check behind it. I have a splitter in the wall too. Another possibility is to find the coupling between the slide and the coach. I'm not sure you can, but my last 5th wheel was an Open Range and I had the very same problem you describe. It turned out to be the coupling between the slide and coach. I found the cable wire in the plastic conduit and pulled until the connector came out where I could change it. Edited by: Willranless
Old 09-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #3

Another possibility is that you have your antenna boaster turned on. I don't know where it is on the FL, maybe in one of the cabinets? If the green led light is illuminated, you need to depress the small button and turn it off to watch cable.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #4

In 36 FL, the antenna booster is located in the tv hutch in the kitchen area. I turn off when hooked to park cable. The rest of the TVs in the camper get good reception. It is just the TV in the living room that has a fuzzy picture. I am trying to find a cable diagram so I can locate the splitters to check for a faulty connection as I feel this is the most likely source of my problem.

Thanks
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #5

If you remove the wall plate with the booster, you should be able to pull any slack cable out until you find splitters that go to the other TVs in the RV. The cable TV "in" probably runs to that point first. (The "air" antenna uses the same cables as the Cable TV, to distribute the signal, so it all has to be split from this point) You may have other splitters elsewhere but they will most likely be behind other cable wall plates as well. If yours is anything like mine, you probably have several connectors that are not tightened, so going over all of them gives you a chance to tighten them and prevent future problems.