Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #1

Black Tank Replacement

We have 2013 Redwood 38RE and have had issues with the black tank leaking waste in the under belly of trailer.. After 3 Different RV Repair Services paid for and no fix to the problem we are going to replace the tank and be done with it !!! Any one else have this issue.
Steve & Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:13 AM   #2

I have a 36RL the same year. What happened to the tank? Keep us all posted as to the reason it failed and the cost to replace it.
Tomkidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:43 AM   #3

The tank gets a kink in the side above the drain to drain pipe I heated it with a heat gun and it all lined back up then I put a extra brace above the drain to stop it from doing it again
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #4

So far this is only happening to the black water tank on the 38RE? Wow that is concerning for sure.
Tomkidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #5

The initial problem was that it wasn't braced up to the trailer so when traveled the tank would move about and come apart from the toilet connection... Fixed that by mounting it securely to frame..still issues so again underbelly off and changed seals etc.....
Steve & Kim is offline   Reply With Quote