Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #1

Black Tank Nozzle Plugged

I noticed the last time I rinsed my black tank that I didn't have much water coming out. After I dump I usually close the valve and let water run into the tank and then open it to let it run out. I will do that two or three times or until the water comes out clean. Usually when I do that I get a pretty good stream of water that usually fills the sewer hose as it runs out. Now I am not getting nearly that much. I've come to the conclusion that maybe the rinse nozzle may be clogged. I currently have my black tank full of water with a cleaner in it that is supposed to dissolve any material that could possibly be blocking the nozzle. If this doesn't work then I may be trying to remove the nozzle and see if it is clogged or not. Has anyone had this problem and what solution did you come to, to solve your problem.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:11 AM   #2

I fill the hose I use with a cup or two of CLR before connecting it to the fitting. I do this randomly every now and then and when I do, run the water in at a trickle for a few minutes. Haven’t had any problems. Got the idea when our portable water softener lost efficiency and a fellow traveler recommended using a rust remover for it.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #3

I took the check valve apart and thought I had found my problem. There was a wad of gunk stuck around the ball and after cleaning it, I noticed no difference. I even blew air through the lines hoping that would help get the lines and the nozzle clear but that didn't help either. The only other thing that it would be is the nozzle itself is clogged. Hoped it wouldn't come to that but may have to take it out and see if that is the problem. Thanks for your advice. That probably is a good idea.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #4

You might have a bad atmospheric vacuum breaker that goes to the tank flusher. Might be able to temporarily bypass to confirm if it is the problem. Most are located under the lav near the top of the cabinet. They do go bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B&B 571.jpg (11.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1610.jpg (136.0 KB, 12 views)

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #5

I've had mine out twice and cleaned it and even ran water through it to make sure that it is working. The bypass idea is something that I have thought about and I might do that just to make sure that it is or isn't the problem.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #6

Problem solved. The rinse nozzle was plugged. Got some black tank treatment made by Thetford and put it in the black tank and then made sure to fill the tank completely. Let it set for 24 hours, dumped it and then tried the rinse out and it worked perfectly.