Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #1

Bedroom tv wiring problems

We have a 2013 36 RL and now have an problem with the bedroom tv. We opened up this past weekend and the tv fails to find the cable. We are seasonals and have cable provided and it is working. I have the antenna button off and have pulled all the connectors in the vacinity of the tv and tightened them. I have heard but can't find the fix. I really do not want to pull the ceiling to locate the hidden junction boxes...but. The tv works fine in the living room. I'm thinking of just running a new wire through the basement and up through the corner of the bedroom cabinet closest to the bath wall and cover it with a piece of trim. Any suggestions.
Also while digging around the back of the tv enclosure I found a black wire bundle just laying there and not connected to anything. The pin connector is a small black square with four or so wires in it???
Old 04-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #2

Are you in a new place, with a new service. I ask because last year we stopped into a campground and had the same exact thing happen. The living room worked but the bedroom didnt. The campground had comcast service and we were going to be there for a month. so we called comcast. They sent a tech He had to change two cables and add a spliter but it worked. It also took our satillite off the air, but we didnt have a signal so it didnt matter. If this sounds familiar I'll go on, we are in a campground where we have satillite signal so I had to switch it back and the satillite works but their cable now only works in the living room not the bedroom.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #3

The splitter on mine was in the ceiling & accessible by removing the light fixture on the right above bedroom tv, I had to reach in & dig around but both cable & satellite splitters are there. Mine was wired incorrectly & was a bad/cheap splitter which meant I had a great picture in the bedroom & poor/none in living room.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #4

And here I thought I was alone.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:06 PM   #5

We are in the same place with the same service. I will take a peak above that light you suggested. Hope my hand fits. Won't be there until next weekend. Thank you for the help.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:31 AM   #6

I often wondered what the difference between a $3 splitter & a $12 but now I know "you get what you pay for".
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #7

Well I pulled every outlet in the ceiling around the tv. Found loose connections and tested until my arm and wrist were raw. After awhile I DECIDED TOOOO disconnect the black wire to the antenna booster and jump over to my tv...everything now works fine. Both my living room tv and work box tv work fine as they are all now directly wired to my cable booster package in the utility bin. End of this years opening up problems...I HOPE