Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #1

I am having trouble with the forward slide. The forward corner needs a slight pressure when traveling both ways. I know I was told not to do this but without the assist it will not open or stow. Is there and help with this problem out there?

I think hat the motor is weak and have asked the Mesa Camping World to have one on hand when I go back for a couple of other problems.

If there is any other help with this problem please give me a heads up.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mickey...welcome to our group. First try spraying silicone on the rubber seals and the aluminum track on the out side of the trailer (don't use WD40 or other oil type sprays). This really does help a lot. Then bring the slide all the way in. Run it out just a few inches and then back in again. Do this 3 or 4 times, this will sink up the motors.

If it puts your mind at ease....last month I was having the same problem with mine but now it's operating as it should.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #3

Dave, my bedroom slide is dead slow and sounds like it is binding up. I'm afraid one of these times it will time out or seize. Did the silicone on the tracks make any difference? I have been concerned about doing this because silicone & auto paint don't get along.

Earlier, someone recommended WD40 for all kinds of things, but adding to what you said, I wouldn't spray it near the rubber seals. I tried that in a hidden area as an experiment, intending toclean and lubricate them, butthe overspray damaged the paint almost instantly - so be careful with it around the Redwood. Thetford makes a slideout lube and seal cleaner which I'm about to try - as soon as it gets above freezing around here.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #4

We were told to be sure and run the slide all the way out and hold the switch for a couple of seconds, then all the way in and hold the switch a couple of seconds. This is in addition to spraying the tracks and motors with silicone. This came from a tech at the factory when we were there in Dec. We were having the same problem and after he did this a couple times it worked great. No problems since.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgkfg

We were told to be sure and run the slide all the way out and hold the switch for a couple of seconds, then all the way in and hold the switch a couple of seconds. This is in addition to spraying the tracks and motors with silicone. This came from a tech at the factory when we were there in Dec. We were having the same problem and after he did this a couple times it worked great. No problems since.
Yep the factory is the one that told me about the same thing only they said to bring it in a few inches and it had the same results.

On another note though.....my slid-in-slide had to be realigned last summer when a motor when out. So that could also be a problem. I'd try the easy stuff first.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny