Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2019, 05:37 PM   #1

Bedroom slide

We have at 2014 36rl and we just closed it up for the year when we put the bedroom slide in it stopped about 1 inch shy from totally in I tried 2-3 times with same result and both sides are the same distance any ideas how to fix this
Brad
Imbad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbad2 View Post
We have at 2014 36rl and we just closed it up for the year when we put the bedroom slide in it stopped about 1 inch shy from totally in I tried 2-3 times with same result and both sides are the same distance any ideas how to fix this
Brad
I had that problem the 2cd year we owned our 2012 36RL. The slide was stopping about 2 inches from coming in all the way and each time I tried to move it in or out, it would stop a little further out. It turned out to be a matter of lubricating the rails that the motor drive gears run in. I was told by the factory service center to use a lubricant with teflon. So, I do that about twice per year. I spray the rails with a DuPont lubricant with teflon and run the slide all the way out. Be sure to hold the control switch for about 3 to 4 seconds after the slide is all the way out and do the same when the slide is in all the way. That solved my problem.

Hope this helps.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:18 AM   #3

I had this same issue when we first got our RW. Spray the rails with CRC with Teflon about once every 6 months no issues in over 3 years.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:15 PM   #4

It is possible that the duel motor controller needs reset. In out RL-38 I had the front motor fail and looking back on it when the motor started having issues it was a similar issue. I didn't want to go in or out some times. The motor controller counts how many turns each motor has done and matches speed of both. If one motor is laboring and draws to much current it will shut it down on over current. This is why many owners have been able to cure small issues with dry lube. replacing the swintech (spelling?) motors isn't a hard job. the newer motors have a rubber sleeve on the outside to help stop water from getting into the motor , My motor showed signs on water damage on the printed circuit board that gives the controller feed back on how many turns it has made so it would sent the controller into failed/shorted motor code. Your controller most likely will be located in the pass threw basement mounted behind a 12" x 12" black plastic cover should you need to locate it. The controller has a green and red light on it with a list of codes on the label. There is also a reset button that can be pressed in 7~8 times to put the controller into service mode so in a emergency you maybe able to get the slide in or out for traveling! In my case the motor failed and I had to disconnect the motor and remove it so we could push the slide in by hand. Two big guys can bump a slide in or out if you remove the motor and have someone push the button in or out.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #5

Schwintech has many videos online about use, maintenance, and troubleshooting their slides. When I first bought an RV with Schwintech slides, the tech doing the walkthrough recommended watching them all, and to print out the PDF of the troubleshooting procedure and place it with the RV manuals.
As far as living the tracks, Schwintech recommends to not do that. There's only one place to lube, and that's the bushings under the wiper. They also state to only use a specific CRC lube.
During my walkthrough, the tech said to hold the slide button for 4 seconds after the slide stops in each direction every time you extend and retract them. That keeps the motors synchronized.
Looking at the videos and following their instructions generally lead to trouble free operation.
I have 3 of their slides on 2 different RVs. I follow their instructions and have never had an issue with them.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Schwintech has many videos online about use, maintenance, and troubleshooting their slides. When I first bought an RV with Schwintech slides, the tech doing the walkthrough recommended watching them all, and to print out the PDF of the troubleshooting procedure and place it with the RV manuals.
As far as living the tracks, Schwintech recommends to not do that. There's only one place to lube, and that's the bushings under the wiper. They also state to only use a specific CRC lube.
During my walkthrough, the tech said to hold the slide button for 4 seconds after the slide stops in each direction every time you extend and retract them. That keeps the motors synchronized.
Looking at the videos and following their instructions generally lead to trouble free operation.
I have 3 of their slides on 2 different RVs. I follow their instructions and have never had an issue with them.
Thanks for the information i will definitely be checking out the web site as well as down load the PDF
Brad
Imbad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #7

My question is, I have a 38rl and my bedroom slide is the electric type that has the cable system. I have no tracks on the slide itself. Is this the type you are talking about? What would be the maintenance procedure for this type of slide?
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #8

Greg, what you have is the BAL Accu-slide. I't been around for a long time, but when the Schwintech system everybody jumped on the Band Wagon, but because of all the issues and problems some MFRs are going back to the Accu-slide system.
I would have preferred if my Bedroom slide was also hydraulic, but it is what it is.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #9

Thanks for your reply. From what I have been able to find out there really is no maintenance for this style. Would that be correct?
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #10

Just to make sure the cable are snug but not overly tight and watch for any signs of fraying.
Ours have been fine for 4 1/2 years, tho we did have the gear box failure, but was taken care of at the Rally. Would have been nice if BAL (Norco) would of had a recall on the bad gear boxes, but I doubt they have a clue where all those bad gear boxes went.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote