Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2018, 12:21 AM   #1

Bedroom slide

Has anyone had a issue with the cable system in the bedroom slide not working?
Bzfkfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:16 PM   #2

Mine quit working when I got home from a short trip. I moved the matress and removed the plywood cover over the motor and cable assembly. I found that the power wires were connected with wire nuts and one of them had separated. Replaced both with crimp butt connectors, problem solved. Not sure if that helps but it got mine working. Just another case for poor workmanship from the factory. I have never heard of anyone using wire nuts near moving parts. Probably only in the RV industry would you find such incompetence.
Chief AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzfkfb View Post
Has anyone had a issue with the cable system in the bedroom slide not working?
.in my 2016 , One of the crimped cable connectors failed. The cable was tight on the left and loose on the right. It had pulled the slide out crooked. The fix... unscrewing the bed board to reach the cable pullys and using a 2x4 to straighten the box slide out from outside, then going inside to adjust cable tension equal after replacing the crimp connection. Crazy system lots of work.
Ybnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. I was wondering if there was any trouble with all the cable mechanics. Seems like a hydraulic system would be better. Thanks.
Bzfkfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:34 AM   #5

We purchased a 2018 3401 and after 6 uses the cable system for the slide went into self destruct mode. It sheared the bolts off of the bracket that holds the two pulleys on the left side and pulled the motor off of the wall. No idea what caused this, the slide doesn't appear to be bound up. Heart broken have a mobile service coming to look at it next week.
wirkusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:13 PM   #6

One other problem can be the gear box. They are made out of aluminum with steel gears. if the slide binds you can damage the gearbox and have to replace it. I had the same system on my 2016 Montana and replaced 2 of them
Tom & Julie Binner is offline   Reply With Quote