Old 01-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #11

After changing the water filter the first time and using several versions of the Japanese language trying to fit through ridiculous opening provided by Redwood, I removed the wall and cut out and made a larger door, covered with a new piece of Automotive carpet, problem solved door measures 24 by 24 with two slide latches, now I have all the room needed to access anything behind wall.
Really simple to do and all it took was a piece of 1\2 plywood, 20 inch piano hinge, piece of Automotive carpet, (2) slide latches, (1) was already provided by Redwood to close the original opening that was a useless as you know what on a bull hog, staple gun with staples and can of 3M spray glue (optional) I liked that it secured carpet to wood and I was able to fold and staple ends on back of door.

Don't forget to save the little piece of wood they use as a door stop, you can reuse that on your new opening.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:13 AM   #12

If you look in modifications you'll see how I did mine. I have full access to the water filter and the heater area. I put the wall sections on hinges.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 split tranny, auto ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I hope this isn't against the rules here, but over on the other Redwood forum, someone replaced their whole wall with wood, and had a generous size door where the water filter is. It shows it in the "owner modifications".
Was it on redwoodrvowners .com? I went through the three pages of Owner Modifications and didn't see anything related, but I may have missed it.
ShawnAZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #14

Here ya' go:

https://www.redwoodrvowners .com/inde...=30&Itemid=277
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #15

Looks like the link doesn't work. On that site, click on "owner modifications" on the left side, then "general exterior", it's the third one down.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Looks like the link doesn't work. On that site, click on "owner modifications" on the left side, then "general exterior", it's the third one down.
Goat, he did an incredible job! Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
If you look in modifications you'll see how I did mine. I have full access to the water filter and the heater area. I put the wall sections on hinges.
ET156, lol, you did the fine work on the other site! Incredibly beautiful work.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
After changing the water filter the first time and using several versions of the Japanese language trying to fit through ridiculous opening provided by Redwood, I removed the wall and cut out and made a larger door, covered with a new piece of Automotive carpet, problem solved door measures 24 by 24 with two slide latches, now I have all the room needed to access anything behind wall.
Really simple to do and all it took was a piece of 1\2 plywood, 20 inch piano hinge, piece of Automotive carpet, (2) slide latches, (1) was already provided by Redwood to close the original opening that was a useless as you know what on a bull hog, staple gun with staples and can of 3M spray glue (optional) I liked that it secured carpet to wood and I was able to fold and staple ends on back of door.

Don't forget to save the little piece of wood they use as a door stop, you can reuse that on your new opening.
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking in the engineering department. I'm looking to add two more 10" filter cannisters, and there is no way I'm going to try and fight the little window.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #19

As I use a water softener, I put the filter canisters out side before the softener. I did remove the wall to replace the pump on my 2014 in January 2014, and used velcro to put the panels back. never a problem removing them, and they have never fallen down. I built an insulated box to put the filters and softener in and it comes apart and rides in the back of my truck. Temp has been down to 15 without a problem.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote