Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #1

Basement Roof

Hi everyone, finally getting a chance to square my basement away, just finished making the access to the water filter larger, removed the wall and made door opening 24 X 24 which now allows easy access. Want to screw some hangers to roof of basement to put scrub brush, mops and a few various items there, and I am looking at supports that appear to be square in shape and run fore to aft and support the basement ceiling, in some parts wires and tubing run between, does anyone know if anything runs inside these channels or is it ok to screw into. Your input is appreciated.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
Hi everyone, finally getting a chance to square my basement away, just finished making the access to the water filter larger, removed the wall and made door opening 24 X 24 which now allows easy access. Want to screw some hangers to roof of basement to put scrub brush, mops and a few various items there, and I am looking at supports that appear to be square in shape and run fore to aft and support the basement ceiling, in some parts wires and tubing run between, does anyone know if anything runs inside these channels or is it ok to screw into. Your input is appreciated.

I did not think of that Jeff.... I just hung all my fishing rods up the other month.. I ran self tappers into the part that has the seam and molding...

My lights do not dim, and no water ran out, so i guess I am ok ??

Hope all is well

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:08 AM   #3

This might be an idea...Poke your head in the area just behind the storage area and look up to see if anything is running into the ceiling area from that area.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:08 AM   #4

8 used a square pvc fence post, cut the ends at a 45 degree angle & screwed it with self tapping screws at the seems on the basement roof.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #5
Site Team

I toured the factory several times and I didn't see them fishing the wires through that tubing.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:49 PM   #6

I think Dave is correct. Just can't see them taking the time to fish wires thru the aluminum supports. Just look at the "Rats Nest" of wires and plumbing, should give you a clue.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #7

X2, if it requires time or skill it ain't happening.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-22-2016, 05:27 PM   #8

Only don't use screws, use NAILS like Redwood did

I was pretty shocked to see they used a nailgun (brads) to attach the sheeting to the square aluminum tubes on the walls.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #9

My factory tour earlier this year showed nothing inside the tubes, but between them is a different story. Good Luck!!
Old 10-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #10

My thanks again to all of you for your ideas and feedback, didn't think there was any thing in them, but wanted to be sure, this site is always full of information and great ideas. Anyone have any storage ideas for water hoses, please share. As far as sewage hoses, thinking of putting those below frame, but I also like the Waste Master system, though expensive, has the capabilities of staying attached to RV while traveling with 20 Ft of hose stored in the storage box they make for it, so all you do is open door, pull out and drop in sewer line open and open valve , they also have an extension hose you can add if needed, does anyone use this system or have any feed back they wish to offer on it.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:32 PM   #11

0624151521.jpgHere's my sewer hose storage. The one on the left is 8' long & goes from side to side with access on both ends, the one on the right is the 4' that came tucked way up under the RW, I built a support for the underneath end. Now I can store 25'+ of hose & not have crawl under to get to or hook it up.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Jeff
I have the wastemaster and have not seen one that stays attached to the sewer line. I have 2 storage boxes mounted. 1 for the main hose and 1 for the extension and different adapters.It is the best made hose I have found yet but as you say not cheap. I do not mind spending the money if it lasts. I glued the cam lock fitting to a clear piece that connects to the regular hose twist locks. You can also glue the cam lock to the abs and buy an adapter for the twist lock. Have had it for 4 mths as we fulltime so can not reply to the longevity of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160820_161631.jpg (287.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-23-2016, 02:34 AM   #13
Site Team

I switch to the mercerator pump and I love it. No Mess and no sewer hoses to put on and take off.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #14

I do like on our MH that the hose never gets disconnected and it has a valve on the end, but I don't think I've see a 5er that way. It would take some interesting plumbing.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #15

Great ideas guys as always thanks, I actually saw the hook up on a "Love your Rv Video," on You Tube, the gentleman took a box similar to what Shane posted cut a hole in side of it, passed hose through it and plumbed directly to waste line. He says in the video that per Waste Master, it was designed to work that way, however you never see the storage boxes sold along with the hose at camper stores. It was an interesting concept though, and you could still add an extension if needed. The box states it stores up to a 20 ft hose although they sell a 28 ft also, in the video he has a 28 ft hose and 20 ft extension, which would be plenty for those behind the RV hookups.
Shane do yo know how much hose your box stores along with valve end?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Jeff
You can only fit up to the 28ft with the head in one box. The box will hold 2 20ft extensions.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #17

Shane,
Thank you for answering that for me, thinking hard on that system and really wanted the 28 ft hose as primary, with a 20 ft back up, which would then reach any sewer hook up I run across.
Your mount looks awesome.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:18 PM   #18

Jeff
I retained the tube that came on the trailer and keep my rhino hoses in it. I purchased adapters so I can connect the twist locks to the new Cam locks I have 50ft of hose if needed
How did you make out with your black tank issues
Old 10-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #19

Shane, I think you might be referring to someone else, I don't have a black tank issue, other than trying to keep the monitors clean to get an accurate reading, it is a constant battle trying to always use Borax and Calgon along with a half tank of clean water so when we travel it will wash interior of tank, sitting still though it seems no matter how much flushing and back washing we do they never seem to work properly.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #20

Shane, I think you are referring to someone else, the only black tank issue I have is keeping the monitors clean, Calgon and Borax along with half tank of water when traveling works pretty good, but when stopped, it seems no amount of draining and back washing gets the job done.
I also like your idea on keeping a section of rhino hose and buying the adapter for it.