Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #1

Basement Conversion

I am looking at converting the basement to a second bedroom for the kids and the occasional guest. However the latches don't work from the inside. The best I have come up with is giving them a rock and tell them to knock three time on the ceiling if they want me, twice on the pipe if they don't.

Has anyone else completed this conversion and if so, how did you handle the lock?
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #2

Haha...I see what you did there!
Can't FOOL me.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #3

It wouldn't be as funny if it wasn't such a good idea!
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #4

Our first Montana had a laundry chute door in the middle of the bedroom floor that went to the basement. Figured if we had grandkids back then they would have used the basement anyway!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #5

I think the Colonel John cut a small passageway for his cat to access the litterbox he kept in the basement.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:18 PM   #6

We saw a big fancy motorhome a few years ago that had the entire storage underneath customized into a huge play house for their CATS, plural, complete with clear glass/screened openings when the cargo doors were open.
Also saw a 5er that had about an 18" diameter hole cut into the slide & once parked laid out about 50-75' of clear tubing connected to that hole for the CATS, also plural, to go outside & walk around.
SORRY cat lovers but what a huge waste of space, time, energy, MONEY.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
We saw a big fancy motorhome a few years ago that had the entire storage underneath customized into a huge play house for their CATS, plural, complete with clear glass/screened openings when the cargo doors were open.
Also saw a 5er that had about an 18" diameter hole cut into the slide & once parked laid out about 50-75' of clear tubing connected to that hole for the CATS, also plural, to go outside & walk around.
SORRY cat lovers but what a huge waste of space, time, energy, MONEY.
I travel with a cat. She is never allowed outside. Our cat was born completely deaf. We have a screen tent for her. I agree with the waste of money. These are animals we love like members of our family. But come on people, when you treat your animal better than your kids and or grandkids, I find that a problem.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
I think the Colonel John cut a small passageway for his cat to access the litterbox he kept in the basement.
The last time I saw John's trailer (the animal kingdom). he had access to the bottom of his closet for the cat near the back door of his FL. If I remember correctly, he traveled with 2 cats, a big bird that talked and 2 dogs. Not to mention, half of a liquor store.