Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
HTX

Auto level questions after Harvey

If the two front legs are up on blocks and the trailer is close to level but all of the other legs are fully retracted, can you activate the auto level function?

I had to pull up stakes from Mecca and relocate about 60 miles inland to avoid Harvey. I had a difficult time getting the legs to retract but managed. Once I got to my safe harbor in Goliad TX I could not get the system to work at all including the slides. In order to get the truck out from under the hitch we used bottle jacks to raise it up and put blocks under the forward legs. At the time it was running late, a few hours ahead of the storm, so we left it as it is and hoped for the best.

We survived with minimal issues but the door concealing the leveling keypad blew open and took the keypad with it so for the last week it has been sitting the way we left it. I did replace the inline fuses and now have the slides out so at least that part of the system is functional again. The new keypad arrived yesterday but I do not have a truck to put back under the nose and a little leary of trying to level it the way it is.

Thoughts?

HTX
Old 09-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #2

In order to Auto Level the System must first drop the Nose (front). Sounds like your jacks, including the Landing Jacks are fully retracted. If that's the case, front isn't going anywhere.
I would put it into Manual mode and level it manually, leaving the front jacks on their blocks.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:10 AM   #3

I agree & then recalibrate the level up.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #4
HTX

tomorrows project. after i do that can i lift the front jacks remove the blocking and reset the front jacks?
Old 09-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
Site Team

To raise the front jacks you're either going to need it hooked up to the truck or support under the front frame very near the jacks.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
HTX

Taking the blocking away

Is a moot point for the moment. I got the new leveling keypad installed and it powered up and scrolls through the menu just fine but that is all it does. No motors whirring away, no hydraulic pumping sounds and no error messages. Is there a reset for the hydraulics somewhere? Fluid level is about 2 inches below the fill level.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:59 PM   #7

If all your jacks & slides are retracted the 2" below the fill is way too low, when all are in/up the reservoir level should be 1/4-1/2" below the the fill opening.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #8
HTX

The slides are out. I have fluid and will add some after the sun comes up.

All in all I guess I faired pretty well I got the RW and the boat out of Rockport safely unlike so many others. There was another RW at a park about two miles inland laying on it's side when I went back on Saturday. In the park I was at and the one next to me everything was destroyed.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #9

All slides should be "in" & all jacks should be "up" before filling reservoir so as not to overfill & make a big mess.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined