Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2016, 10:19 PM   #21

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Don't try to carry the snow shovel up the ladder. Have the DW hand it to you
I bought a Husqvarna 125b at Lowes and this is what I use to remove snow and pooled water off the roof and roof toppers works really well. If you need to bring the slides in and they are still wet most of the water and snow will be blown off. Makes for a much dryer interior.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #22

My 36RL has 2 of them and Both of them unscrewed them selves on a trip last year. Had to purchased 2 of them when I installed the top part that screws on I put some thread locker on the threads so far they have stayed tight.
4wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Christian!

What changed in the design of Redwood that eliminated our attic space vents through the roof? They don't seem to be installed on the new units.

2012 Brochure
Roof Construction: 5’’ Stamped Steel Roof
Trusses • Double Truss at each A/C • 16’’ On
Center • 3/8’’ Roof Decking • Full Walk-On Roof
• 3” Radius Metal Roof Cap • 2 Attic Vents • One
Piece Alpha Ply Roof Material

Was it determined they aren't needed anymore? Or is there a new way to ventilate the attic?
Okay- sorry for the delayed reply! Had to check with Engineering :-)

The attic vents were phased out almost 2 years ago because product testing determined that they weren't making enough of a difference in performance to merit being there :-)

It sounds like the change was made mid-model year, so that would probably explain why some folks have them and some don't- but they don't appear at all in newer models (15/16).

Hope this helps- let me know if you need me to dig around any more!

Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #24

That's fine Christian,as always thanks for your help.But do you think when we go to the rally in Aug they could look at our linc pad out side lites are not hooked in to it,so know out side lites put switch in basement for them plus one slide not hooked ??

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Okay- sorry for the delayed reply! Had to check with Engineering :-)

The attic vents were phased out almost 2 years ago because product testing determined that they weren't making enough of a difference in performance to merit being there :-)

It sounds like the change was made mid-model year, so that would probably explain why some folks have them and some don't- but they don't appear at all in newer models (15/16).

Hope this helps- let me know if you need me to dig around any more!

Christian
Great info! Thanks for the follow up Christian!! You are super

That explanation makes sense to me, as I never really understood how they could do that much good when the attic is stuffed with insulation anyway.

PS I hope Jim and Jeff, as well as yourself, are secure with this management change
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:02 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Christian!

What changed in the design of Redwood that eliminated our attic space vents through the roof? They don't seem to be installed on the new units.

2012 Brochure
Roof Construction: 5’’ Stamped Steel Roof
Trusses • Double Truss at each A/C • 16’’ On
Center • 3/8’’ Roof Decking • Full Walk-On Roof
• 3” Radius Metal Roof Cap • 2 Attic Vents • One
Piece Alpha Ply Roof Material

Was it determined they aren't needed anymore? Or is there a new way to ventilate the attic?
That's a good question!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #27

I would think they would allow humidity captured in the attic to be released. Living in the south I have learned even a small amount of air movement helps to retard the growth of mold. I have noticed the placement of the vents are at the bedroom and bathroom on my 36RL.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkidder View Post
I would think they would allow humidity captured in the attic to be released. Living in the south I have learned even a small amount of air movement helps to retard the growth of mold. I have noticed the placement of the vents are at the bedroom and bathroom on my 36RL.
Agree 100%. Even the very, very slightest risk of moisture would demand some kind of ventilation. Show me an attic space that isn't ventilated.

In other words, let's find another way we can cut costs. I'm glad we purchased our RW when we did.

This is a perfectly serious question... Can anyone tell me how the newer models are being built with an eye towards higher quality components/design? I'm not talking about glitz or optional equipment, I'm talking a higher grade of material.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #29

When you think about just time alone, not having to measure a location, bore a hole, cut the roofing, place the part, and seal the part, that alone is about an hour of time x4-6 units a day x5 days a week x52 weeks a year that totals a $#%+ load of money saved. Now the price of the parts....... Of course the study said it was not needed. They must have talked to " just the right engineering people" to make that decision that all that was unneeded stuff. If you think about it, most people that buy these units will have then for about 6 years then "upgrade" to the "better engineered" model.