Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #1

Ariston TVM63X Dryer Bearing Noise?

When I ordered my RL, I included the Ariston (Splendide) Washer & Dryer separates and were installed at the factory.

The washer has worked fine and I have no complaints. The dryer however is making a squealing sound like a dry bearing or similar sound - even when turning the drum when it's off. Although it operates normally and dries the clothes properly, the squealing noise is barely tolerable and we have only used it a few times. Last year, I had Ron from Redwood listen to it and he said "they all sound like that". Of course, that can't be true or they couldn't give them away. I don't think it sounded like this when I first used it.

Before I go out and just replace it to preserve sanity (and then have to figure out how to remove/reinstall it), if anyone else has this dryer, please tell me if you have the same noisy dryer issue or is it quiet like a home dryer. I'm afraid I might end up in the same situation again...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #2

Ours does not sound like that. It can be heard when you are in the RW but no squeal noise with cabinet door shut it is not very loud at all don't even hear it over the TV when running. Sounds defective to me. Our one at home made that sound and it turned out it was missing a roller on the dryer tub
Old 07-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #3

I wouldn't say mine is quiet, but definitely no squeal.

Have Ron show you another that sounds like yours. Have him show you one of the new ones is stock make that sound.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote