Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
lwg

Anyone know where to find the latches for the drawers?

I'm looking for a place to purchase some extra latches like the ones used in the drawers in the kitchen? The cabinet side of the dish drawer is no longer working as expected. I've "popped" out the latch but that only worked once or twice before it decided to stay in the closed position which effectively no longer keeps the drawer closed.

Had a similar problem with the latch on the closet doors. Eventually just removed it.

It would be nice to purchase a couple of these to replace the worn ones and keep a few more on hand. Didn't want to call Redwood and try and get a couple as I expect that might be more hassle than it's worth. These can't be more than a few $$ online somewhere.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #2

Camping world had them, I bought some last year for my other TT
Old 11-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #3

Amazon has a few latches. This looks pretty heavy duty.

But many others as well. Search rv cabinet latch
Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
I'm looking for a place to purchase some extra latches like the ones used in the drawers in the kitchen? The cabinet side of the dish drawer is no longer working as expected. I've "popped" out the latch but that only worked once or twice before it decided to stay in the closed position which effectively no longer keeps the drawer closed.

Had a similar problem with the latch on the closet doors. Eventually just removed it.

It would be nice to purchase a couple of these to replace the worn ones and keep a few more on hand. Didn't want to call Redwood and try and get a couple as I expect that might be more hassle than it's worth. These can't be more than a few $$ online somewhere.

I purchased the last one I needed at a local RV dealer. Dealers that stock a lot of parts will have them. Or, you can purchase on line. If you look at the part used on the Redwood cabinets, find the name on the side of the latch and google it you will come up with a source. Also, just google RV push latch and you will come up with it.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #5

I had the same ones break. I called my dealer and they sent me a new one. I also ordered a couple from Amazon that are more heavy duty. The part number is H316.
-Jack

2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Longhorn
2014 RW 38RE
USN Retired
RAMN8TER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMN8TER View Post
I had the same ones break. I called my dealer and they sent me a new one. I also ordered a couple from Amazon that are more heavy duty. The part number is H316.
-Jack
I think those are the 10 lb pull version. Ours our the 5 lb pull, I think that's H315.

Found one on Amazon I'm going to try. Will also check Lowes and Camping World. Was surprised these run $10, guess I won't keep as many on hand as I had hoped...
Old 11-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
I think those are the 10 lb pull version. Ours our the 5 lb pull, I think that's H315.

Found one on Amazon I'm going to try. Will also check Lowes and Camping World. Was surprised these run $10, guess I won't keep as many on hand as I had hoped...

I think I paid $7. and change at a local RV dealer in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
Traveling

We had the same thing happen on our closet doors... We took them off and replaced them with strong magnets and that works great. We have the latch for travel at the bottom anyway, so we just needed them to stay closed. I actually like the magnets better than the latches.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
We had the same thing happen on our closet doors... We took them off and replaced them with strong magnets and that works great. We have the latch for travel at the bottom anyway, so we just needed them to stay closed. I actually like the magnets better than the latches.
Good idea and perfect timing as I'm just about to head down to Lowes.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
Traveling

Say hi to Todd... he's probably down there too buying pex connectors for under the bed... LOL!
Old 11-09-2014, 03:03 AM   #11

Hi Theresa

What were those you used for the front closet magnets. I think I'd like to replace our latch with something else as they don't seem to line up. Magnets are good, I think. Where and what did you buy?

Jim

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:16 AM   #12
Traveling

Hi Jim; I don't know what you call them... here are the pictures of them. They are just from Home Depot. They are nice because you know how stuff is always getting "out of alignment" and the magnets aren't so picky. We are going to put the soft closers on all the drawers too because they eliminate the need for latches on those too. That will be a bit bigger project!
Here is the Left door. Notice that we had to add a small block of wood to mount it on:

Right Door:
Old 11-09-2014, 03:39 AM   #13

How nice. Thanks for that idea. We northwesterners need to stick together.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote