Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #1

"alarm 1" on panel, going off in basement

We have a 2013 36RL. It is for sale, and still winterized from last fall.

We have an alarm of some sort going off in the basement, and draining the battery. On the control panel, it shows as "alarm 1". My husband has tried to trace where it is, and can't seem to find it. As the RV is winterized, we're thinking it shouldn't be a water alarm. The CO detector isn't going off in the living area. Could it be a propane alarm? Or an alarm of some other sort? I've been searching layouts and manuals and haven't come up with much in the way of explanations of alarms.

Any ideas are appreciated (including hints on how to locate the alarm in the basement!).

Thanks,
Don & Sharon
Sbolles4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #2

I don’t have much experience with your year and model, but I would check the inverter. Should be located in the battery/generator compartment. Could be in the basement. I’m not sure the alarm is draining the batteries as much as the low batteries could be triggering the alarm.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbolles4 View Post
We have a 2013 36RL. It is for sale, and still winterized from last fall.

We have an alarm of some sort going off in the basement, and draining the battery. On the control panel, it shows as "alarm 1". My husband has tried to trace where it is, and can't seem to find it. As the RV is winterized, we're thinking it shouldn't be a water alarm. The CO detector isn't going off in the living area. Could it be a propane alarm? Or an alarm of some other sort? I've been searching layouts and manuals and haven't come up with much in the way of explanations of alarms.

Any ideas are appreciated (including hints on how to locate the alarm in the basement!).

Thanks,

Don & Sharon
Only guessing because ours is 2015 RL38 but We have a alarm on the magnum energy inverter from time to time. I have cleared it two ways unplug the coach from sure power and open the battery disconnect switch of 10 seconds. then turn on the sue power then the battery. OR disconnect the battery and push the reset on the front right side of the inverter.c I am assuming your coach has a residential refrig not a two way RV.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #4

Thanks. We managed to find a rental generator, and got the batteries back up to a reasonable level. Nevertheless, the alarm continued. It's a very soft sounding alarm, but if you listen carefully the thing is still going.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 PM   #5

"Only guessing because ours is 2015 RL38 but We have a alarm on the magnum energy inverter from time to time. I have cleared it two ways unplug the coach from sure power and open the battery disconnect switch of 10 seconds. then turn on the sue power then the battery. OR disconnect the battery and push the reset on the front right side of the inverter.c I am assuming your coach has a residential refrig not a two way RV."

Thanks. The RV is in storage, with no access to shore power. Our fridge is an RV 2-way fridge. Knowing this, do you think the magnum energy converter might still be the cause?
Old 09-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #6

We have a new theory. When Don was in the basement trying to find the alarm, he found the motor synch unit which he thought might be alarming. His hearing is poor and the alarm seems soft anyway, so he wasn't sure. Our kitchen and living room slides are, indeed, not synched. One goes in and stops, then the other one goes in. Has anyone had experience with this? Does it sound reasonable that this may be our alarm problem?

Thanks!
Sharon
Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
The way your slides are operating is correct
They both run of the same hydraulic pump and the one with the least resistance moves first and then the other. Same going in or out. No alarms on it
Old 09-04-2018, 12:43 AM   #8

On what panel are you seeing this alarm? I didn't think the LinkPad was available that early. Plus if you have the standard 2 Way (Gas or Electric) Fridge you wouldn't have an Inverter unless someone added it.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #9

Good question. I should have stated that. It's on the control panel, where the slide controls are.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #10

I have the same unit, there aren’t any alarms in that panel, just switches, tank read outs and the generator switch. Could it be you turned on the generator switch?
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #11

OK, 36RL, we had a 2012. Just inside the door on the Right, you have your slide controls, idiot LEDs for tank sensors, awning switch, if equipped generator switch and hour meter.
Down at the floor level you have your Power Distribution Panel and pretty sure in the bottom is the 120 VAC to 12 VDC converter. That's about the only place I can think of where there might be an alarm. In the bottom right corner there should be an opening and inside that opening there should be a blinking LED, the blinking pattern tells you what mode the Converter/Battery Charger is operating in.
Other than that, I'm at a complete loss.....
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #12

I had a 2014 36RL, and can't think of anything that would indicate alarm in text. Was it something aftermarket? Can you post a picture?

PS I did have water alarms in the basement behind the black wall that I installed, as well as smoke detection, but I don't think you have my rig as I don't recognize the name.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #13

I had an alarm going off on my 2014 36RL and I found that the auto level system had timed out and was giving me and alarm. When I opened the door on the left side basement sounded like it was something going off in there. I opened the door for the level up and had a fault on the display I hit enter to clear it and the alarm went away.
4wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #14

We gave up trying to figure this out, and had a mechanic look at it. He is saying the batteries were so weak they were causing the alarm. He changed them out and says all is well. We haven't been back out to the storage lot to verify, but this guy has been very dependable in the past.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!!
Old 09-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #15

Good to hear that you got it taken care of.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote