Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #1

We have a 2012 39HH. The air coming out of the vents in the living bedroomappears to be only a few degrees cooler than ambient. The garage receives adequate cooling. Anyone expeircing cooling problems.
bobmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #2

Ours works well. We have a 36RL and set the temperature on our second A/C two degrees lower than the main unit. Keeps us comfortable (circa 78 °) even though temperatures have reached 109 degrees here in the Badlands of South Dakota. It was so hot that the road tar actually impregnated into the tire treads... don't know if we need to buy new tires.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #3

We had problems with our air conditioning this past weekend. We have a 2013 36RL which we just picked up a month ago. The units are not cooling the trailer sufficiently and it appears there is no difference in the fan speed whether they are set on high or low. I have a technician coming tomorrow to take a look at them. I will let you know what was found. I spoke with Brian at Redwood, who was absolutely great to deal with, and he hooked me up with the manufacturer. While I have to pay the service fee that is much better than driving the 250 miles back to the dealer.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #4

Russ. Yes,let us know what he finds.Our #2 AC will not work on cool at all. Did you get a number for the manufacturer of the AC to call? I would also like to give them a call. Brian walked me through the hook ups on the thermastat but all were corrected fine. Also there is not much difference between lo and high cool on number 1 AC. What we have done is remove the day night shades on the large windows and replaced them with thermal curtains. Helps 100% and looks good.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #5

Russ,
What did you find out about your AC problem?
bobmorgan
bobmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #6

I guess the site has been down for the past couple of days since I have not been able to get on. We found that the breaker on the second unit was not set properly. It appeared to be set but it actually wasn't. Got it reset and they are working fine.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Doesn't our warranties cover these services as long as they are performed by qualified technicians and billing sent to the manufactures of our components?
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #8

Russ. Can you explain more about the breaker on the AC. Did you just reset,flip,the breaker off and back on? Or is there more to do. Tried reseting my #2 AC. No change. The compressor seems not be working. Fan comes on just ambiant temp from vents. No cooling.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #9

We just reset it, however, it was really hard to reset. We had to push down really hard and then flip it back up. It was sort of stuck and would not go down.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #10

I spoke with the manufacturer. Warranty cover repairs but not the service charge to get the tech to the trailer. We are 250 miles from our dealer and that is cheaper for us than pulling it back to the dealer.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
I guess the site has been down for the past couple of days since I have not been able to get on. We found that the breaker on the second unit was not set properly. It appeared to be set but it actually wasn't. Got it reset and they are working fine.

My breaker has done the same thing
Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #12

Ours too! The second A/C breaker trips for unknown reasons... stable power source and haven't a clue why it trips.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #13

Ours did the same thing last week in that heat wave. My wife noticed that the front air wasn't working. The breaker had tripped. My only thought was that they must have both kicked on at the same time thus causing the failure. We have a draw meter plugged in and even being plugged into 50amp the needle usually sits at the bottom of the green safe bar. So maybe the trip occurs to protect the ac when the power dips?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #14

As the voltage decreases, the Current (amperage) draw increases.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #15

I have the Hobby Hauler. One of the first sold! I just took it into service. One of the issues is the heat in the closet which makes the bedroom quite toasty. Also, when the slide come in the bedroom the bedroom door pushes against the register for the ac. Dents the door and has made the thermometer loose with inability to read. Several other things, bedroom door is actually too small as when you pull it close it pulls through to the other side. BUT, that being said I love my camper. I have a list of things they are fixing if you want to compare!