Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

That's just what we need on this forum a bunch of jar heads

and members of all other services retired or not.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #22

I have a follow-up question regarding the basement TV and the connection points. By way of background, we were not informed enough to request a dedicated coax to the basement during the build of our 36 RE so we don't have that option. We did have the dealer install the Travler dish on top of the unit and, after some issues, got DIRECTV service to the large TV in the rear of the unit and to the bedroon TV.

My current problem is with the Cable and Satellite connection points in the basement. For cable, if I connect the park cable to the connection point in the "service bay" area and then a short coax from the basement cable connection to the TV, I get severe snow and picture distortion. If I connect directly to the TV, the picture is outstanding, but I have no cable in the living areas. The power antenna in the bedroom is in the off position, but I don't know if there is another somewhere for the main living area that is causing interference.

For satellite, I was under the impression that the basement TV would work off of the bedroom receiver, but I'm not sure how to make connections to accomplish that.

I have seen offers to email wiring diagrams in previous posts and will greatly appreciate getting one. My email address is jim.duncan@secoenergy.com.

My dealer is also involved and planning to try to fix both problems, but I would like to get a better understanding of how to fix the problems.

Thanks for any assistance...
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #23

First I will assume you are using a HDMI cable from the box in the bedroom to the TV so what you need is a powered HDMI spliter and two more cables a short one to go from the Sat box to Spliter and one to the basement TV also plug the Bedroom TV into the spliter. I have one Sat box downstairs and a four way spliter to three TVs works great I got it from Show Me Cables in Chesterfield Mo
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
First I will assume you are using a HDMI cable from the box in the bedroom to the TV so what you need is a powered HDMI spliter and two more cables a short one to go from the Sat box to Spliter and one to the basement TV also plug the Bedroom TV into the spliter. I have one Sat box downstairs and a four way spliter to three TVs works great I got it from Show Me Cables in Chesterfield Mo

Thanks for the reply and, yes, the Bedroom TV is connected by HDMI from the DIRECTV receiver to the TV. So...with the fix you are recommending, it will be necessary to get a long HDMI cable from the bedroom down to the basement TV. Is that correct?

I assume--which is always dangerous--that there is no way to convert the HDMI output from the DIRECTV receiver to a coaxial cable using some type of adapter and then using the existing RV wiring to connect to the Satellite Out coax connection in the basement?

Thanks for your help.
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #25

To watch in Hd you have to go HDMI getting the cable to the basement is easy
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #26

Can you tell us what make and model TV bracket you used. Thanks. I just joined the forum today.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Try MOR/ryde TV mounts. Here is a link to the mount I ordered yesterday. It is the mount used by Redwood in my friend's new 36RL. I have a new 31SL and the TV is rigid mounted. I need it to swivel to either side. These TV mounts are especially made for RV use.

http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/t...-mount-19.html
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #28

NW Snowbirds,

Thanks for that info. We also bought a 2013 31SL while in Palm Desert this winter and we need to get that bedroom TV tilted down and maybe put onemount in the basement too. You don't happen to have a copy of the Redwood 31SLTV wiring diagram do you??? I'm a newbie on the forum just today and I'm trying to learn the ropes of comms. Thanks.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
I am also a newbie, and looked at Redwoods in Palm Desert while snow birding in Borrego Springs this winter. They had no 31 SL so we travelled to Boise ID to buy our unit. There is a wiring diagram posted today under the heading Satellite in the new postings. I also acquired the drawing of the roof structure of the 31SL for purposes of adding a ceiling vent and/or Fantastic Fan. The structure is designed for adding a vent. I have it on a pdf file and don't know how to post it. Email me if you want a copy.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #30

I guess it is alright for boondocking, but the State Parks I go to frown on it kind of like boom boxes.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #31

For now I'm settling for the Duo tuner in the bedroom running HD to the bedroom and SD to the entertainment center. I just got it hooked up that way yesterday (at the State Park next to the 3 motorhomes that were watching TV outside).

If I had to do it again, I would have added another home run cable from the entertainment center to the roof, then install the Hopper. to run all 3 TVs
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
For now I'm settling for the Duo tuner in the bedroom running HD to the bedroom and SD to the entertainment center. I just got it hooked up that way yesterday (at the State Park next to the 3 motorhomes that were watching TV outside).

If I had to do it again, I would have added another home run cable from the entertainment center to the roof, then install the Hopper. to run all 3 TVs
I don't watch TV, but I have it for my wife, I would rather read a book on the times we are not sightseeing or fishing.