Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 01:40 AM   #1

39mb refrigerator leak

Just put water in our new to us 2016 39mb and discovered a water leak in the refrigerator. I took the access panel off inside on the back wall and found a crack in the 5/16 line that is coiled up to provide cold water. This was an easy fix by cutting the line and removing the coiled up part and just having a straight line to the valve and connecting it with a push to connect fitting. Now I have water leaking out from under the stove and cabinet and seeping out the bottom of the slide out. Does anyone know the routing for the water line to go to the back of the fridge. THANKS. Obviously it was a bad winterization job.
Chief AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:48 AM   #2

In my 2018 MB there is a bottom drawer under the stove/cooktop. Take the drawer out and there is a piece of thin plywood behind it on an angle. Remove that and you should find a second valve. This is where the connection is made from the white hose under the slide to the 1/4” ice maker line. First thing I did was remove the plastic line and install a braided stainless steel line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:37 PM   #3

I noticed that line. We don't have plywood covering ours and when you shut the drawer it bends over the line. Probably be replacing that soon.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #4

Mine was split behind the drawer looks like a bad winterization job
Old 05-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief AFD View Post
Just put water in our new to us 2016 39mb and discovered a water leak in the refrigerator. I took the access panel off inside on the back wall and found a crack in the 5/16 line that is coiled up to provide cold water. This was an easy fix by cutting the line and removing the coiled up part and just having a straight line to the valve and connecting it with a push to connect fitting. Now I have water leaking out from under the stove and cabinet and seeping out the bottom of the slide out. Does anyone know the routing for the water line to go to the back of the fridge. THANKS. Obviously it was a bad winterization job.
I have a 2016 39MB, a year after I purchased it in Texas pulled it to Fort Lauderdale, Fl. Shortly after arriving I too developed a water leak from under the stove and cabinet. The lower cabinet next to the fridge on the left has a dummy panel in the back. When I removed it I found a factory connection for the water/ice supply line for the fridge. Replaced with new connection problem solved. Hope this helps.
Turbo210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #6

I found the same thing. Thanks