Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

36RL Slide Out Adjustment

We've had our 36RL for three years and have had pretty good luck with the hydrolic slides but the electric bedroom slide mechanism had some issues a few months ago. One of the motorized side pieces was replaced and now the outside support rollers underneath the slide floor are no longer rolling when the slide moves in or out. It appears that the slide is just moving over the rollers which is beginning to cut into that black plastic coating on the slides underside. We have a King bed and a washer and dryer that ride in that slide. I have also noticed when the slide moves out the rollers under the foot of the bed are dragging on the carpet and could cause it to wear over time.
Is there a way to adjust the height on that slide system so some of the weight is better distributed? Does anyone have experience with this problem?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #2

Redwood makes a kit that contains thin metal plates that are about 5" wide & 30" long and about 1/16" thick.

You install a plate on the bottom of the slide above each roller so the rollers contact the metal strips instead of the black plastic coating of the slide floor. They are held in place with flat head screws.

Call service & describe this kit to them.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:07 AM   #3

Can't help with an adjustment, but my rollers also drag & have added the metal strips mentioned above. If you find a solution please post it as I'd like to make the same adjustment.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:38 PM   #4

Slide Issues-gouging bottom underside of black plastic

What’s the kit called with the 5”x30” metal stripes called and where can you buy
I have a 2014 Redwood 36RL and the kitchen slide must have a roller embedded in floor just left of pantry as making mark in Carpet and gouging under side of slide approx 5 “ in width
Bob H
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #5

Don't believe there are any rollers under the kitchen slide nor the livingroom slide, we had a 2012 36RL. Sounds more like something got wedged under there.
On our current 2016 39MB the floor in the kitchen actually slopes slightly downward near the open slide, leaving a dangerous area for things to get trapped under the slide.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #6

Bedroom Slide Issue

2012 36RL Purchased 2 years ago, shortly after purchase noticed Aft Lower corner of bedroom slide separating from coach when closing. 3 months wait to get in recommended repair shop. They rescued the slide to the coach, but did not address cause. Found bedroom door jam dragging the floor last 6 inches of travel when retracting. My temporary fix was removing Washer and Dryer from slide. With weight gone slide operates normal. Read on another forum that a schwintek slide might not be the best choice when weight is involved.

2007.5 Chev Dually, B&W Companion, RDS 50 Gal. Transfer Tank
2012 36RL, Titan Disc Brakes, Upgraded Springs, MORryde wet bolts, MORryde Crossmember, Sailun Tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190508_115918.jpg (129.3 KB, 10 views)
jrlsburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:51 PM   #7

Bedroom Slide Issue / Schwintek slide

Problem returned. Aft schwintek slide column ripped out of coach at the lower corner again, even with weight of W/D removed. More reading and research. Found slide support rollers have dug into sub- floor, where slide rides on support rollers when retracted. This causes slide to drop down the last couple of inches of travel creating drag, stalls out which then rips column out of coach. Might be looking at adding metal plates under rollers.

2012 36RL, Titan Disc Brakes, Upgraded Springs, MORryde wet bolts, MORryde Crossmember, Sailun Tires
Old 08-25-2020, 12:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlsburns View Post
2012 36RL Purchased 2 years ago, shortly after purchase noticed Aft Lower corner of bedroom slide separating from coach when closing. 3 months wait to get in recommended repair shop. They rescued the slide to the coach, but did not address cause. Found bedroom door jam dragging the floor last 6 inches of travel when retracting. My temporary fix was removing Washer and Dryer from slide. With weight gone slide operates normal. Read on another forum that a schwintek slide might not be the best choice when weight is involved.

Your issue with the slide outside molding pulling away is caused by the self drilling screws breaking off . I had a similar find but no issue with the floor. mine started with a bad drive motor on the left side of the bed room slide. Be bad motor caused the slide to run out of square and stall the motor with it 1/3 of the way out. I added a screw in the outside molding between every pair of screws so there was about 8 screws (at a guess) from the factory and I now have 14 in each side. The factory screws got some rust on them and got brittle and thin from water getting in around the head.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #9

Schwintek slide Column Ripping out of Coach

I can see how a motor could cause that. On my unit, what I thought was trim is the schwintek column (which contains the blocks, gears and drive shaft). The column is painted to match the coach. The column stays tight against the wall of the coach at all times except during retraction and only the last couple of inches of travel. Which is when the white support rollers start dropping into the bad section of the slide floor. When the rollers hit the bad spots of slide floor the slide drops down, bedroom door jam digs into linoleum causing slide to stop. That is when the slide column pulls away from coach wall. Where my bedroom slide rides on the white rollers during travel there are divots, the worst being on the last two rollers (area under W/D). Previous owner may of had a water leak? When I spoke to Lippert they said if I remove the slide I may want to add more rollers. Thanks for all input.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #10

Slide motor issue

anyone know how to get the motor out of slide? We have 2012 RW36FL.. the living room slide wont come in on 1 side.. figured it was motor.. found motor, unhooked it,but cant get it off to replace.
Lboulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
There is a screw you need to take out at the top of the motor. You have to acsee it from the outside. Go back in side and pry the motor upward then it will pull right out
Old 09-01-2020, 01:28 AM   #12

the factory as I recall has a video on You tube on Replaceing swintech motors. Forgive me for the spelling of the company I cant recall it. Also the newer motros have a rubber boot on the top of the motor, You may want to do both right and left motors . Asuming its the same as our 2015 bedroom slide on the RL38 we own.