Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #1

Anyone other than us having issues with the bedroom tv mount. As installed, the TV will not tilt causing a poor picture when you are trying to look at it when in bed. I recall someone else having this issue and their fix was to shim the mount so it would tilt down. Well I removed the TV from the mount and found an extremely poor piece of mechanical work that was fashioned for a TV mount. It was basically plate metal worked to act as a TV mount secured by 4 screws and 24 washers as "spacers". Needless to say I was somewhat shocked by the shoddy worksmanship. I removed it, threw it in the trash and purchased a tilting TV mount from Wal-Mart for $30. I spent 15 min installing the new mount and now we have no issues as to picture quality. I guess I am just bitching about something I consider poor quality in an otherwise quality coach.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #2

Thanks for the heads up John I will look for this when mine gets here.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up. When we pick ours up I bring this to the dealers attention and have it dealt with at thier expence. Any more little tid bits to look for, I would sure appreciate.

We pick up our coach on May 8th.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #4

You may want to install an A/B switch behind the tv as well. Otherwise you have to take the tv down to switch between antenna/cable and satellite.

Edited by: TravelinAnderson
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #5

Thanks will do
Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #6

You want to install an A/B switch behind the tv as well. Otherwise you have to take the tv down to switch between antenna/cable and satellite.</span>

</span>
Does this mean you to switch wires from antena to cable wire feed?</span>
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #7

Toby Home: If you just use the antenna or cable you'll be fine. We have a satellite dish installed and the signal for that comes through the second jack on the outlet behind the tv. I installed an A/B box for the bedroom tv so I can switch between satellite and antenna/cable.
Sometimes we are in a wooded area and can't get a satellite signal so we are forced to use the antanna or cable if the park has it.
Hope this clarifies it.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #8

Quick question: Do those TVs have an HDMI port?? I sure hope so as our DirecTV Rcvrs don't have an RF output, only HDMI or AV jacks.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #9

I am going to take that tv and put in the dining room. The Captain does not even want to turn that tv on. Bed is for sleeping and ?.? Ok put it in the little spot in dining roomGonna love this rig.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #10

Could you elaborate on the ?.?

Edited by: TravelinAnderson
Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
I am going to take that tv and put in the dining room. The Captain does not even want to turn that tv on. Bed is for sleeping and ?.? Ok put it in the little spot in dining roomGonna love this rig.
Didn't your FL come with 3 TVs ? It should have.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #12

tv in bedroom has hdmi. tv in living room has hdmi and, in our 36fl is hooked up to an LG theater surround sound blue ray gee whiz box that allows internet connectivity, music, dvd, etc. I installed a cable to hook my laptop to it and purchased a remote keyboard and mouse so I now have a 40 inch monitor when on line, works great. we have a tv in the corner hutch in the kitchen and a hook up for satalite tv in the basement storage. I bought a winegard slimline direct tv satalite and had lazy days (seffner, fl) install it. They hooked it up to allow 4 tv's to operate at the same time all with different stations. When the Grand Girls are traveling with us it is a nice thing to have, everyone is happy and "PaPa" gets to watch what he wants while sipping on a bourbon.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #13

John, thanks. I'm supprised the main TV only has 1 HDMI port. The Samsung that came in the Monty had 2 and the Sony we installed when the Samsung died has like 4, use one for the Home Theater and another for the DirecTV DRV. Might have to get an HDMI switch box until the OEM set dies and we upgrade to something better.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #14

hell it may have 2 or more, I really didn't look, the tech at lazy days had it all hooked up, working so I just make a drink and enjoyed playing with the system. I did buy a hdmi coupling so I could hook up my ipad on occassion.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #15

Well hopefully we'll find out in a week or two if they can ever decide on a real delivery date. We should be headed North here soon, but we're not leaving FLA without our new Big Baby.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #16

Yeh sleep and ?.?LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #17

You can tell who the younger couples are when they're talking about ?.? in the bedroom.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #18

Yeh. Us old guys can still do ?.? Why do we need a tv. Love being old as some people think.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #19

well it trails like a dream. you will certainly enjoy it. we took ours out for the first time after delivery over the Easter weekend with our GrandChildren and we had a blast. The kids enjoyed the blow up bed in the livingroom as they had a big tv and the fireplace (had to turn it on with no heat!! Papa just couldn't say no). I bought a semi rigid 10 ft sewer hose and installed it in the hose receptacle, works great (i have an extra 20 ft in a plastic storage bin). we are leaving in June for an extended trip with our Grand Girls. Hopefully in the fall we can gather all RW Owners in FL for a get together and swap experiences.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #20

Good for you. Enjoy your trip