Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #1

We are ordering our 2013 36 RL with the king bed option. If you have this option can you tell me how the bedroom door is hinged? On the bathroom side or the Washer/dryer side. All of the plans show the hinge on the bathroom side but I am really concerned about the door opening into the bedroom and having enough room to slip between the bed and the door. If the door is hinged on the other side it opens into the bed and you can just walk right in. I would appreciate your thoughts. Our order went in this past Saturday. Just want to make sure we have this right.

Thanks

Rick
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #2

I ordered the king bed with my RE. It arrived last week with the door hinged on the w/d side. Had it been hinged on the bath side, it would have been nearly impossile to enter the bedroom through this door.
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #3

We have the 13 RL with king bed. The door is hinged on the w/d side, it would be super tight on the bathroom side in my opinion. Our friends with the slide in a slide queen and hinged on bathroom is tight. If you can get them to put it on the w/d side, I would.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
par

It seems like the 'lesser of two evils'. I was in a unit with the door hinged on the w/d and I frankly thought it was a mistake from the factory. So I suppose you need to tradeoff washing with getting in and out of your room. Doing a wash with that door in the way would be extremely combersome. With a king bed, Iwould presumegetting in and out of the room trumps w/d.
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #5

How much wash are you doing, compared to how many times you go in and out of the bedroom. you can always go through the bathroom. I would rather the door be on the w/d wall.

Lillyputz
Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Site Team

In my opinion doing laundry is always an inconvenience. I made it easier by installing the equipment in my trailer so I wouldn't have to trek all over the country or waiting in lines as I find them to use. The fact that I have to take them out of the washer and then work around the door to put the wet cloths in the dry isn't rally a BIG concern.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #7

We opted for the combo unit, so just put them in and take out dry cloths later. So door on the W/D side works for us especially with the king bed.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #8

I have the factory washer and dryer installed in my 36RL and the door came hinged on the bathroom side. I only have the queen bed as I wanted the nightstands to be able to put glasses and alarm clock on. It is tight for me to get through the entrance into the bedroom with the door open. I have found that I now keep the bedroom door closed and enter through the bathroom as it is wider and allows better access to the bedroom. I also had the factory flip the bathroom door around so it opens to the outside instead of inside against the shower. Seems to work better and also helps keep the traffic wear pattern down on the bedroom carpet. MY OPINION - if you are getting the king bed, I would have the factory mount the door against the washer and dryer cabinet, regardless if you are having those options added or not. I dont think there is enough room to clear the king size bed with the door open.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #9

Ditto!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #10

We have the 36RL with the king bed. I wouldn't want the door on the bath side. There is no way you could get by the bed with the door open. What a lot of it depends on is a person's preferences. This is our third trailer since we went full time over 10 years ago. We haven't had, or wanted a washer/dryer in any of them. The wife would rather take 2-3 hrs. once a week to do the laundry than spend time every day or two to take care of it. Besides, this gives her a chance to catch up on the park gossip. Most places that we have stayed have had a laundry, and the majority of them are clean and effecient. The few times that there hasn't been one in the park, there has been a laundrymat close. We prefer to use the space for a freezer and extra storage. You just have to look at the different options, and decide on which ones you prefer.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #11

Thanks everyone. You confirmed my thoughts. Hilton confirmed today that they will install the door on the W/D side. VIN will be issued in December with completion and delivery in February. Fulltiming is just around the corner. Can't wait....literally.

« heat pump | Table »