Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #1

2017 31SL Kitchen Faucet

The kitchen faucet in our 2017 31SL always swivels over the table and drips water while we are traveling. We always relieve the pressure before we take off. Anyone have a suggestion on a fix?
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:09 AM   #2

Redwood replaced mine. Handle would drift down and open during travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:43 AM   #3

Replaced mine with a Moen from Lowes.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:51 AM   #4

While we at the factory for some warranty repairs (it was one of the many things on my list) they just tightened up the set screw. They also suggested placing a zip lock bag over the faucet. Well, we now just place a zip-lock bag over the end of the faucet - as our "pre-travel" check list.
Must be something with the internal sprayer hose that wants it to move over the table while traveling, cause most of the time, we find it that way, but with the bag on it - no more water on the table.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #5

Ours dripped constantly, the spray had a mind of it's own so you never knew where it might spray, & entire assembly was always loose so replacing was the best option & RW reimbursed me for the faucet.
And to me for them to suggest using a zip lock is not a fix for the problem, but more of "we ain't fixin' it" cure!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:57 PM   #6

We have a different problem with the kitchen faucet in our 38GK. It had/has very low water flow. Redwood approved replacing it one time already under warranty by our dealer. The new one has really low flow and is progressively getting worse, I'm talking a dribble. We're still under warranty. Our dealer says Redwood turned down the repair or replacement because they've already replaced the faucet once. Since we're still under warranty I don't get that reasoning. Our dealer says they checked for a pinched water line or an obstruction in the line and couldn't find anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRW Owner View Post
We have a different problem with the kitchen faucet in our 38GK. It had/has very low water flow. Redwood approved replacing it one time already under warranty by our dealer. The new one has really low flow and is progressively getting worse, I'm talking a dribble. We're still under warranty. Our dealer says Redwood turned down the repair or replacement because they've already replaced the faucet once. Since we're still under warranty I don't get that reasoning. Our dealer says they checked for a pinched water line or an obstruction in the line and couldn't find anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ours is pretty lousy on the center flow (though not down to a dribble), but is okay on spray. So we're just using it on spray for now. I'm assuming that the aerator is clogged, have no urgency to check it out.
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
Ours is pretty lousy on the center flow (though not down to a dribble), but is okay on spray. So we're just using it on spray for now. I'm assuming that the aerator is clogged, have no urgency to check it out.
Thanks for your response. My husband checked and rinsed out the areator.. nothing was clogging. When we brought it to our dealer, prior to replacing our original faucet, that was the first think they checked and no obstruction. We'll be dropping our RW at the dealer Monday for other warranty work and they said they'll again go over any other possible reason.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #9

I have a 2013 with a Dura kitchen faucet that suffered ever decreasing water volume as well. Dura sent a replacement valve kit, but while examining the instructions I noticed there is a removable water flow restrictor device where the hose connects to the faucet under the sink. I removed it, works like new!
fishkayaks is offline   Reply With Quote