Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

2014 Redwood 38RL Lipert Slide issue

Just came home from a camping trip and stored our unit with power. I tried to bring the bedroom lipert slide out, but it would only go out 4 inches and stop.

I am open to suggestions?

Thank You!!!
Benelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #2

Same thing happened to us - luckily when we took delivery.

Cable got caught and had to be remounted of the bottom side of the slide inside under the bed.

Also I have learned NEVER TO STOP while extending the slide.

Did it once and it went crooked but was fixable by ourselves.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

The Schwintek [bedroom] slide doesn't have cables, well for that matter the other [hydraulic] slides don't either???

Benelli, many of us have lubricated our Schwintek slides with CRC Teflon lubricant which is used and recommended by the factory. You spray the lubricant in all four tracts on the slide, then run the slide in and out a few times.

These Schwintek systems are temperamental, the lubricant works very well in keeping them working properly. I lube mine about every sis months. The other important factor in operation them is holding the button in for ~3 seconds after they retrace, this synchronizes the motors.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #4

Our bedroomslides are electric and have cables.
One of them whit/blue slided under and was disconnected.
Easy fix though.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #5

I stand corrected...I was not aware that Redwood was using slides with a cable system, when did they start using these? Which model is it on?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 PM   #6

They were trying sides with cables when we were there in June for a factory tour. It was a prototype and I don't know if they will actually go with it. Maybe we will find out at the Rally.
We sprayed the teflon spray on our slides and now we have black marks on the carpet from the slides.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:10 PM   #7

I found an error code on the 2 motor synch controller for motor 2. I talked to the dealer and I am taking it in tomorrow for diagnostics, however, the motor will more than likely be replaced.
Benelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 PM   #8

Sorry for not being clear - I meant electrical cables and nothing else.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #9

If you end up having to replace your motor, I would recommend you have both of them replaced. Older Schwintek motors may not be compatible with newer models. Syncronization of the motors is important. I was told by my dealer that older models operate at a slightly different speed than the current models. The older Schwintek motors (~ 2 years old) occasionally experienced premature failure due to the cracking of the case from over torquing the mounting set screw.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilFawlty View Post
Sorry for not being clear - I meant electrical cables and nothing else.
Thanks for clarifying, your original post was the first I had heard that RW was using cable slide systems, I hope they are not. Most folks I talk with who have cable slides have had issues.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #11

I am Swedish, lived here for some years but I still have problems with the language.

I use to tell my wife that it is not so easy for her to speak Swedish, then we went to Sweden last summer and off course everyone spoke English so she got by perfect! People at Burger King even felt insulted when she asked if they spoke English. But then I took her to Poland...
Old 07-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #12

AND thanks for the tips with keeping the key pressed in for some extra time when closing to reset the motor. Our dealer also told us not to stop in the middle but do a full in our out.

I got the CRC grease spray as well and that works good. We also try to keep the railings clean.

Slides are one of my biggest fears. Not to be able to get the slides in before leaving, campground fully booked and you can not move. But so far we have been lucky.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #13

Glad the lubricant worked well, it's amazing how such a simple thing can fix a BIG problem.

I agree, slides are always a concern so servicing them is especially critical.