Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #1

My dealer called today to let me know my new 36RL has arrived!! There are a few issues they are working out as it did not come exactly as I had ordered it. The factory did not swap out the bedroom solid cabinet doors with the glass ones like I requested. (These will be the same as those above the tv in the living room). I wanted the glass doors in the bedroom so my remotes would work for my directv sat receiver and dvd player without having to have the cabinet doors open. Dealer claims those are being shipped out on Thursday or Friday after the cabinet company finishes custom making them. My recliners are a new "lazyboy" style - dealership claims they are a very nice upgrade to the current 2012 style. I did get the new day and night roller shades as promised. I requested that the bathroom door be flipped to open back into the hallway as I am a very wide fella and I dont like how the door opens into the glass shower door. If you are not careful, the inside door handle could crack the shower glass door if opened hard and fast enough. I wanted to order a coffee/sofa table, but Redwood does not offer or make one so I ordered the ottoman out of the RE floor plan. I also ordered an extra side table to go between the recliners in the slide out. Neither the ottoman or 3rd side table arrived with the coach. The dealer said that Redwood is shipping those to him and they should arrive Friday. I was also told I would be getting the new LED lighting package with my coach and I did not. Redwood found the LED lights did not work with the current lighting system and felt the issue could possibly create long term reliability issues down the road. While I am grateful that Redwood did not ship my new coach with these defaulted LED lights, I am bummed as I factored the price of that "upgrade" into my final decision on placing an order. I asked the dealer to credit me the cost of my G614 tire upgrade in exchange as they are almost identical in price. The dealer said they would have to go back to Redwood for that issue... I wont be able to get down to my coach until Saturday to put eyes on it. Due to the holiday, my dealer wont be able to get the complete PDI and accessory installation done by Friday. I requested they do it right and not in a hurry so we both agreed to plan for a delivery on July 14th to ensure the shop has ample time to make sure everything is perfect.

I am very excited to finally lay eyes on my new coach!! I'm also hopeful that my dealer and Redwood will be able to get my corrections done over the next 1.5 weeks. I cant wait to see it Saturday...

Edited by: Enroute
Old 07-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #2

Congrats on your new rig!
Jay & Deb Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Congrats on the new rig and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It sure is an exciting day when we take delivery of our dreams. I hope you can make it to the rally to show your new prize off.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #4

Congrats on your new rig. What color did you end up with? I hope you have as good of luck as we are having with our 2012 36RL. We have dragged it from TX to floence OR and have but one problem. All of our fresh water drained out the bottom of rig, the low point drain line was broken off the tank. It has a 90 elbow that comes off the tank side that the drain line attaches to. I must have hit road gator or something, it broke off at the 90 degree point. Easy fix! We will be out un the coast untill Sep when we hope it cools down in TX. Come on out, it's a cool 65 here today!
Bob & Carol

Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #5

Congrats on the new arrival enjoy!

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #6

Thanks everyone! I am going down to the dealer tomorrow to finally put eyes on it. Delivery won't be until Saturday the 14th in order to allow the shop time to put all the toys on it. I figured I would go spend a few hours going over the coach with a fine tooth comb and will leave a list of anything I find with the Service MGR to address next week. I ended up going with the Black/Tan paint job. Originally I was thinking the Black/Maroon but decided against it as I see most folks with full body paint are picking that color scheme. I have to say that Redwood amazed me yesterday! I received a call from Andy Wesdorp, Regional Sales MGR, as he wanted to thank me for my purchase. He also wanted to explain why they pulled the LED lights out of my coach. Andy has been extremely helpful to both me and my salesman during my order process. I am really looking forward to my Redwood ownership experience; especially when the RSM personally calls you to thank you for purchasing their product. I'll keep you posted on how it goes once I get the coach picked up and back to the rv park next week.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #7

I'm glad to see Redwood has an option for the recliner chairs. We didn't like the ones that came with ours & a month ago bought two new Lazy Boy recliners & love them!! They are leather chairs, "coffee" color which match the dark brown sofa. Style is called "pinnacle" and fit perfectly in space of old recliners.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #8

Congratulations on your new coach. I am jealous however, we had only a call from our salesman to see how everything was going.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytfl
I'm glad to see Redwood has an option for the recliner chairs. We didn't like the ones that came with ours & a month ago bought two new Lazy Boy recliners & love them!! They are leather chairs, "coffee" color which match the dark brown sofa. Style is called "pinnacle" and fit perfectly in space of old recliners.
I like our recliners but my wife doesn't like hers so I guess we'll be replacing ours as well. She said she can't get comfortable in her's. We did replace our bed which made a big difference

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 07-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #10

Congrats on new arrival! Ours is being investigated by our pooch and we are learning all about it. Enjoy!
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytfl
I like our recliners but my wife doesn't like hers so I guess we'll be replacing ours as well. She said she can't get comfortable in her's. We did replace our bed which made a big difference
Dave,

What did you replace the standard bed with? Having had surgery on both my shoulders, left knee, and back, a comfortable bed is a must for me. Won't know until next weekend how the new one is, but I am hopeful it does the trick. Especially with how much money I am spending to pick it up Friday!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Site Team

We replaced our bed with a sleep number bed just like the one we have in our home.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #13

I wish we could have the sleep number bed but there is not enough room for one in our bedroom.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #14

Thanks Dave!