Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 12:03 AM   #1

2 Slide Problems

1. During our 8,000 mile tour of the USA this summer, the main slide began to open about 2" on the right side after 3-4 hours of road vibrations. It goes right back in when I hit the "in" switch, but repeats the next time it is on the road for a while. Any ideas would be appreciated. 2015 38RL

2. Bedroom slide will not go in uniformly. The front of the slide is now 1-1/2 inches open. The rear facing end is ok. Apparently, while the slide was being brought in, one of the decorative wood pieces (5X12X3/4") fell off the wall and ended up at the foot of the bed between the drawer and the bed platform. Once the piece was removed the problem persisted. Holding the bedroom slide switch for extra time doesn't help.

By the way, why use a brad-nailer on 3/4" hardwood to hardwood, especially on an angle. I have a number of these decorative trim pieces with 1 or 2 brads trying to hold them on with 5 or 6 brads on angles where they deflected off the piece to be nailed to. It is hard to believe some of these are still in place after 4 years!
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #2

[QUOTE=RW Cal;80866]1. During our 8,000 mile tour of the USA this summer, the main slide began to open about 2" on the right side after 3-4 hours of road vibrations. It goes right back in when I hit the "in" switch, but repeats the next time it is on the road for a while. Any ideas would be appreciated. 2015 38RL

2. Bedroom slide will not go in uniformly. The front of the slide is now 1-1/2 inches open. The rear facing end is ok. Apparently, while the slide was being brought in, one of the decorative wood pieces (5X12X3/4") fell off the wall and ended up at the foot of the bed between the drawer and the bed platform. Once the piece was removed the problem persisted. Holding the bedroom slide switch for extra time doesn't help.

By the way, why use a brad-nailer on 3/4" hardwood to hardwood, especially on an angle. I have a number of these decorative trim pieces with 1 or 2 brads trying to hold them on with 5 or 6 brads on angles where they deflected off the piece to be nailed to. It is hard to believe some of these are still in place after 4 years![/Q

Main slide in kitchen/LR

This is most likely caused by the hydraulic valve that controls the slide leaking by internal . My guess is it needs to come apart and be cleaned out some dirt or something causing it not to lock the fluid in the piston on the main slide.

Bed rm
these slide motors have memory they count how many turns it takes to stop . Because something got stuck in it and limited its return it now out of sync. refer to your owners manual but I think if you push the bottom and hold it all the way out and then push it out several time then wait 10 seconds then retract the slide all the way in with our letting up on the button it relearns the amount in and out. I maybe wrong on the exact way to relearn but I am close. The big thing is holding the button and not letting off when its learning.

Question: 25 of 25

For individuals suffering from low-back pain, medications called muscle relaxants typically work on the central nervous system rather than on the back muscles that are in spasm.

Choose ONE of the following answers.

True
Old 08-25-2018, 04:28 PM   #3

I had the same problem but a shoe I didn’t see as stated above run slide all the way out holding button down for 5 seconds after it stops then run it in doing the same thing should re learn stop limits
Facowee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #4

WOW! We had the EXACT same issue with our passenger-side slide bumping out about 3" (more near the bottom) after about an hour and half towing. Never had a problem before. Scared me when I saw it. It went right back in when we asked it to, but do not know why. I will be watching this... Same trailer too. 38RL 2015.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote